Offline conversions are the conversions stored in your CRM database but not tracked on your site. For example:
- Calling the phone number listed on the site to place an order.
- Viewing a product on the site but buying it offline.
Placing the order on the site but paying offline, in whole or in part. (If you use E-commerce data, optimization will apply to a stage of the sales funnel that is not the final one).
- Calling the sales department (if selected as a conversion).
Why do I need to transfer offline conversions?
Analyze your full conversion statistics:
- Which conversions were made because of Yandex.Direct;
The cost of all conversions from Yandex.Direct.
- Yandex.Direct algorithms collect more information about users who generate conversions.
- By including offline purchases in the list of conversions, you expand your target audience and improve ad performance.
Build segments based on user data from your CRM for better targeting.
Preparing for data transfer
- Install and configure a tag in Yandex.Metrica. With Yandex.Metrica technologies, you can match offline conversions to site sessions.
- In the CRM system, create a database with conversions from all sources. You can use absolutely any CRM. Some CRMs support direct integration with Yandex.Metrica. You may choose one of such CRMs to simplify the setup process.
How conversions are linked to CRM data
Conversions and site sessions are matched up using user IDs. Depending on your transferred data, conversions can be:
- Attributed, with only the IDs from Yandex.Metrica transmitted.
Unattributed, with only the contact details of users transmitted (phone numbers or emails). After the integration, such conversions can also be matched to site sessions using Yandex.Metrica technologies.
When a user visits the site, Yandex.Metrica assigns them a unique ClientID.
Transferring conversions via CRM API
Multiple data upload options are available for the CRM API. It works with the following identifiers:
User's phone number and/or email address.
The CRM API supports transmission of unattributed conversions. Only transfer conversions without ClientID if you have failed to assign ClientIDs to them.
To transfer conversions over the CRM API:
- Set up collecting ClientIDs using the getClientId method.
Group the statuses from your CRM system to match status types in Yandex.Metrica.
You can only link conversions that have statuses sorted into groups.
- Determine what other data on your customers and orders you want to transfer in order to build segments. For example, shoe sizes.
- Set up data transfer for customers and orders by creating a CSV file or JSON request.
- Do a test upload.
- Track the upload status.
Every day, transfer the data for the past 3 days.
After the setup is complete, you will get:
- Statistics on orders from CRM with the order statuses.
- Goals for ad placement optimization.
- Source data to build segments and target user audiences from your CRM.