Creating smart banners
To create smart banners, complete the following steps:
- Step 1. Add feeds (files with data about your products or services)
You can provide information on your product offerings in the price list in a specific format — this is called a feed. To add a feed, click on the Feeds link on the “My campaigns” page and click +Add feed in the window that appears.
Enter the name of the feed and select the business type which best describes your product offers. Please note that once you save a feed, it is no longer possible to change the business type. Add a link to the feed file or upload it.Tip. If you have a lot of products (more than 500,000) in your feed, we recommend dividing it into smaller files.
Read more about adding a feed.
- Step 2. Create creatives for smart banners in the ad builder
To design creatives, go to the “My campaigns” page, click on the Creatives for smart banners link and click the +Create creatives button in the page that opens. You can use different layouts and design settings in the ad builder.
If you plan on serving ads, make sure that the Title option is enabled for your creatives.
- Step 3. Create a campaign
In the Create campaign drop-down menu, select Smart banners. In the campaign settings you must enter a Metrica tag number.Tip. If your feeds are designed for different regions, create a separate ad campaign for each one. More information about geotargeting settings.
- Step 4. Select a strategy and display locations
Three automatic strategies are available for smart banners. Decide what result the system should focus on and select the appropriate strategy:
Specify the platform for the strategy you selected: on all sites, on search, or in the ad networks.
- Step 5. Then create a smart banner group.
Select one of your uploaded feeds and add up to 50 creatives. Please note that the only creatives that will be available are those whose subject corresponds to the business type in the feed. You can add the whole group of creatives, or several creatives from the group.
By default, titles for smart banners and texts for smart ads that will display on search are generated automatically.
You can specify what exact feed data to use in smart banner titles or smart ad texts. Select an option and enter the name of the (case-sensitive) element in the feed that data should be taken from:
- Use text from feed as title — text from the specified element will be used for smart banner titles. If the text is longer than 33 characters, only part of it will display.
- Use text from feed as smart ad text — text from the specified element will be used for smart ads on search. If the text is longer than 81 characters, only part of it will display.
- Step 6. Configure filters
To generate smart banners, you can use the whole feed or individual offers that are selected using filters.
On the ad group editing page, click +New filter and add up to 50 filters connected by the conjunction “OR”. Please note that when adding new filters you can manage only those settings which correspond to the selected business type.