Step 1. Create an account and add your ad campaign
Create a username
We recommend creating a separate username for Yandex.Direct. Don't use your personal username (for example, an account you use for Yandex.Mail or Yandex.Disk), because you won't be able to move your ads from your personal username to a different one later.
Set up an account in Yandex.Direct
- Select your country and currency
Select your country. For some countries, you still need to choose what your payment currency will be with Yandex.Direct. All calculations and payments will be in this currency.
There are different payment options available in different countries.
- Add email and phone number
Enter an email address and phone number you currently use. Click Confirm number.
This way you can get promptly updated on changes in your ad campaigns and get tips on improving your settings.
Click Start using the service.
Create your first ad campaign
We recommend that you select the most popular type, “Text & Image Ads”. These ads are served to users who are already interested in your products and services. You only pay when users click through to your site or vCard with your contact information.
Yandex.Direct offers a wide range of settings for configuring ad campaigns. To get started, you need to choose the main settings: an ad serving strategy and display region. For all other settings, we recommend leaving the default values, which are optimal for beginning advertisers.
For your first ad campaign, we recommend:
- If you have already set up Yandex.Metrica and goals (i.e., actions you expect from your users) for your website, enable the Optimize conversions strategy:
- In the Yandex.Metrica tags section, click the Add button and enter the ID of the tag installed on your site.
- Under Priority goals, click Edit.
- Choose the Optimize conversions strategy, then select your goal and specify your weekly ad budget.
Yandex.Direct will automatically allocate your funds so that your website gets as many converted sessions as possible.
If you haven't been using Yandex.Metrica before, set up the strategy:
- Under Strategy, click the arrow.
- Select what you want to optimize: Optimize clicks.
- Select the option Limit the weekly budget.
- Enter your weekly ad budget in the Spend up to field.
Yandex.Direct will automatically allocate your funds so that your website gets as many clicks as possible.
The minimum budget is 300 rubles (values for other currencies) per week. The optimal weekly budget is at least 1,000 rubles.
Click the Continue button.