Ad serving will begin as soon as your ad is approved and Yandex receives payment. Impressions are launched automatically; this process can take from 5 to 180 minutes (with the average being 40 minutes).
- How to check if ads are being served
To see if your ad is being served, view the statistics for clicks and impressions. An impression is an instance of an ad being served in search results or on a webpage, and a click registers when a user clicks your ad to visit your site.
Statistics are displayed on the campaign page. Under the settings section, you can find the general campaign statistics, with the itemization on individual parameters shown below.The general campaign statistics depend on the selected goal:
- CPC campaigns display statistics for impressions, clicks, and costs.
- CPA campaigns display statistics for impressions, clicks, conversions, CPA, and spending.
Graphs show statistics for the following parameters:
Gender and age of the audience that saw your ad.
Most popular keywords used to find you.
Under Ad elements, you can find statistics on the effectiveness of each ad element in the selected campaign. Effectiveness calculation starts after the system accumulates source data for the element.Tip.
Don't look for your ad in Yandex search results in order to see what position it is being served in. This way you increase the number of impressions without clicks and your CTR decreases. As a result, the ad will be served less often.
- How to get the best return on your ads
- Look at your statistics from time to time to gain an insight into your ad campaign results and ways to improve them.
- Set up Yandex Metrica if you haven't yet. It is not only important to attract users to your website, but also to find out whether they will become real customers. To analyze your ad performance, set your goals — actions you expect from your visitors, e.g.: add a product to cart, make an order, or fill an online request form.
Change the display strategy by customizing Yandex Metrica. The Maximum number of conversions strategy with the pay-per-conversion option enables you to pay only for converted sessions rather than all ad clicks.
Best of luck!