Ad claims related to intellectual property rights violations
If you own exclusive rights to any intellectual property and the equivalent means of individualization of legal entities, goods, works, services and companies (music, books, films, software, trademarks, etc.) and you have a complaint with regard to third-party ads published on Yandex internet resources that is related to violation of such rights, you may inform us about it as follows:
Send us an official claim. Follow the guidelines listed in clauses 2-3. This will enable Yandex to promptly review your claim.
List of details to include in the claim:
2.1. Name of organization filing the claim, including its business structure (or full name in case the claim is being submitted by an individual copyright holder). The signature of the individual claimant affixed to the claim must be duly notarized.
2.2. Description of the specific ad that you are filing the claim against, specifically: the full text of the ad(s) (if it/they are placed on Yandex.Direct or Yandex.Market) or a description of the advertisement (media banner), landing page(s), ad location (URL of the website page), as well as any ad placement criteria such as geotargeting or other settings (if applicable). Additionally, please attach copies (screenshots) of web pages containing ads. The screenshots should contain the URLs of the corresponding pages. Please note: if the ad description in your claim fails to meet the requirements of this clause, e.g., if it contains only general information (“all ads containing information about ….” or “all ads containing links to www….”), this may complicate the review of your claim.
2.3. Please specify the reasons why you believe a particular ad infringes on your exclusive intellectual property rights. Include references to current laws and title documents that support your claim.
Please enclose the following documents with your claim:
3.1. Certified copies of documents confirming your exclusive intellectual property rights to the materials and means of individualization as the subject of your claim. Such documents may vary subject to the specifics of such results of intellectual activities and means of individualization, e.g.,
- trademark certificate;
- Certificate of Computer Software Registration issued by the Federal Institute of Industrial Property;
- creating a product and all the relevant appendices thereto (including the statement of work applicable to the product) and the corresponding completion certificate confirming the transfer of exclusive rights to the product to the claiming rightholder, as well as compliance of the product with the statement of work;
- a contract for the transfer of exclusive rights to the product in question, deed of assignment (certifying the fact of rights transfer), as well as documents certifying that the licensor owns all the relevant exclusive rights, which the licensor has transferred under the above contract to the rightholder;
- in case the product is created by the organization’s employee: the labor contract with the employee (the author); assignment for creating the product; a report issued by the relevant commission and attesting to the product's compliance with the requirements listed in the assignment;
- distribution certificates, as well as national film certificates;
- any other documents certifying your exclusive rights to the results of intellectual activities.
3.2. Certified copies of documents confirming that the claimant is duly authorized to protect the rights of the rightsholder (if the claim is submitted by someone other than the intellectual property owner).
Please note: in case your claim relates to ads of several types of results of intellectual activities that are published via Yandex resources, you will need to submit documents confirming your exclusive rights to each type of such results.
Please also include in your claim a clause confirming your consent to transfer your details as well as copies of documents supporting your position to the person who placed the ads that are addressed in your claim. This will enable us to review your claim promptly.
Please send your claim and all the required documents to “YANDEX” LLC at the following address: 16 Leo Tolstoy St., Moscow, 119021 marked “Attn: Legal Department”.