Requirements for creatives
You can upload a video that meets these requirements to use as a creative:
- For billboards (3 × 6)
Format MP4, WebM, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 20 MB Length 5 seconds Aspect ratio 2:1 Resolution 1440 × 720 pixels Orientation horizontal Video frame rate 25 frames per second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Bitrate 10 Mbits per second Minimum text size 24 pixels Format MP4, WebM, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 20 MB Length 5 seconds Aspect ratio 2:1 Resolution 1440 × 720 pixels Orientation horizontal Video frame rate 25 frames per second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Bitrate 10 Mbits per second Minimum text size 24 pixels
In the video:
- Color value in each RGB channel in the background must not exceed 240.
- White background, black fading, subtitles, sound track, and compression program logos are not allowed.
- There must be no compression artifacts.
- Scanning must be progressive (line-by-line).
- The pixels must be square.
- Profile — Main Profile.
- Reference frames (reframes) — no more than 8, optimally 2 or 4.
- 2 pass encoding.
- Chromatic subsampling — 4:2:0.
- Color depth — 8 bit.
- No Peak Frame Rate (PFR).
- Video materials and animation are not allowed.
- Images must be shown using static image technology.
- The story must not change more than once every 5 seconds. Switching images must take more than 2 seconds and be performed by gradually reducing the brightness to zero and then gradually increasing the brightness.
Requirements for design and content
- Additional effects and story
- Minimal use of special effects is allowed: flashing, glare, rotation and moving items, etc. Don't use rapidly moving and flashing graphical elements or flickering backgrounds.
- The creative must not contain a storyline requiring constant attention.
- Placing elements on a creative
- All creative elements (such as text, logos, and so on) must be offset at least 8 pixels from the edge of the creative.
- Additional elements (such as warnings) must take up no more than 20% of the creative area.
Warnings must be shown throughout the video clip. They may contain no more than 10 lines. No more than 2 lines can be displayed at once. The lines must be displayed at regular time intervals (video length divided by the number of double lines).
If warnings are placed on top of other design elements, they must be shown in a bar that ensures high-contrast rendering.
Texts must be clearly displayed, easy to read, placed against a contrasting background, and must not be mixed with other design elements.
- The text should be typed in a simple, not a thin font with lines of the same width without serifs.
The font must not be stretched while its height to width ratio must not exceed 1.5:1.
The creative must conform to the Yandex.Direct and ad surface operator placement rules. More about the rules.