How to evaluate ad performance
You can view ad campaign reports after your ads start being served. You can evaluate campaign performance by regularly reviewing the statistics.
Which metrics to track
It is important to evaluate the reach of your banner and the number of users who clicked on it to get more information about your offer.
- Number of clicks on ads.
- The number of unique users who viewed the ad. Reach calculation is based on the user's impression history on various devices (smartphones, tablets, and computers).
- Average impression frequency
- The average number of ad contacts per user is calculated as the ratio of the number of impressions to the reach. You can compare the average impression frequency with the frequency-capping in the campaign settings.
How to create a report
Click the View statistics link on the campaign page. In the Report wizard, create a report:
- Choose “For selected period”.
- If you have other types of ad groups in your campaign (for example, banners in ad networks or videos), check the Formats cross-section.
- Avg. impression frequency
- Total expenditure (rubles)
In the report, you will see:
- Media reach produced by advertising.
- How often users went to the page with the offer description.
How to make decisions based on statistics
- How to increase impressions
- If the campaign isn't winning enough auctions for ad display, you can raise the CPM bid (for a manual strategy) or limit your average CPM (for an automatic strategy). Check the user profile: your ad may be too narrowly targeted.
- How to compare banners
Unlike performance campaigns, display banners belonging to the same ad group are served uniformly. You can compare banners by clicks: they show user interest in your ad. Add the Ad/banner № cross-section and compare the metrics per banner.
- How to evaluate a Turbo page
You can use the Report Wizard to evaluate your Turbo page. For example, to see if users leave the page without reading information on it, use the Ad № cross-section and select Bounces in Columns.
You can get more information about Turbo pages in Yandex.Metrica. Learn more about Turbo page statistics.