Additional recommendations for the full and mobile Yandex home page version
90% of rejections during moderation are due to poor font readability.
- Try to avoid fractional coordinates when aligning the font in HTML5 because they can “blur” the text (you need to check this in all popular browsers).
- We recommend using vector fonts.Tip.
If you can't use a vector font, save text blocks as bitmaps in the best possible quality (within the banner size limits).
- In some cases, a vector font may also look “blurry”.
This effect can appear for several reasons:
There are several ways to solve the “blurry” font issue, including for a vector font:
- Small font size.
- Sophisticated font face (e.g., serif).
- The font is not adapted for the web, or it was originally developed for titles and large font sizes.
- Increase font size.
- Select a simpler font.
- Use a font adapted for the web and small font size.
Avoid special effects and decorations
Decorations on fonts and boxes (shadow, stroke, 3D effects) may get in the way of the message.
Decrease the number of fonts used
- Use a maximum of two fonts and font faces.
- Use a maximum of three font colors.
- Logo of a brand, product, or technology.
- Notices, disclaimers, or mandatory legal information.
- Age label font.
- Font that is part of an image.
Don't use low-quality images or photos
- With compression artifacts.
- Blurred or with excessive sharpness.
Choose your main message
Don't try to fit lots of detail in a narrow banner. Use concise and clear wording so that your message is understood instantly.
- Don't use small images of objects containing many small elements.
- Don't use a photo as your banner background if it contains many small details.
Avoid text banners
Do not use banners that contain only text on a solid or gradient background because this banner might resemble breaking news or other messages on the Yandex page. Add a logo, illustration, photo, button, or background image to the banner to indicate that the ad has no connection to Yandex.
Formatting of mandatory legal information
Text should be high-contrast and easily readable. The minimum font size is 22 px. The information must remain on the screen for at least 3 seconds.
Possible formatting options:
- Dates of a promo campaign are shown in the first frames.
- Other information is placed under the “legal information” bar and is viewable on hover.
When the banner is served, the frame with mandatory information must be displayed for at least three seconds.