How to evaluate performance of audio ads
You can view ad campaign reports after your ads start being served. Regularly review the statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of your campaign.
Which metrics to track
It is important to assess target audience reach and user interest in the audio.
- Key metrics for audio performance
Listening by quartiles: The number of completions of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of the audio.
- Percentage of listening by quartiles: The number of completions of 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the audio, divided by the total number of audio impressions.
- Average cost per listening to 100% of audio (CPV) — The average cost per audio completion. It is calculated as the ratio of expenditure to the number of 100% audio completions.
- Reach — The number of unique users who have listened to the audio ad. The calculation is based on the user's impression history on various devices (smartphones, tablets, and computers).
- Average impression rate — The average number of ad contacts per user. It is calculated as the ratio of the number of audio impressions to the reach.
How to create a report
Click the View statistics link on the campaign page. In the Report wizard, create a report:
- Choose “For selected period”.
- Avg. impression frequency
- Total expenditure (rubles)
- 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% completed
- Percentage of 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% completed
- Average CPM (rubles)
- Average CPV for 100% completed (rub.)
In the report, you will see:
- Media reach produced by advertising.
- How well the audio engages the audience.
How to make decisions based on statistics
- Increase the number of audio impressions
- If the campaign isn't winning enough auctions for ad display, you can raise the CPM bid (for a manual strategy) or limit your average CPM (for an automatic strategy). Check the user profile: your ad may be too narrowly targeted.
- Compare audio clips
Unlike performance campaigns, audio ads belonging to the same ad group are served uniformly. You can compare audios by the number of completions and clicks: they show user interest in the video. Add the Ad/banner № cross-section and 100% completed and Clicks columns, and compare the metrics per audio.
- How to improve advertising materials
See how effectively the audio engages the audience. The quartile view statistics show user interest in certain parts of the video. For example, if the majority of users have listened to a quarter of the video but the main message is in the middle, try to adjust your text. If an audio ad is interesting from the start, users are more likely to finish listening to it.
- How to interpret statistics on clicks and conversions
Audio advertising, just like other types of advertising, can bring both traffic and purchases to your website. You can compare display campaigns by the number of clicks and conversions. However, keep in mind that reach and frequency are more important for display campaigns than clicks and conversions. It doesn't make sense to compare clicks and conversions with similar metrics of performance campaigns. Performance advertising runs on existing demand, while display advertising creates more interest in a “cold” audience.
Information about the audio audience
- Segment reach and user distribution by gender, age, and device type.
- Online interests and categories of users (homemakers, students, parents, and so on).
- Percentage of users in the segment who visited your site or completed Yandex.Metrica goals on it.
For more information, see Yandex.Audience Help.