Advertising rules and requirements
All ads in Yandex.Direct are moderated to ensure their compliance with advertising material requirements. Please read the rules below before placing your ads.
- Goods and services the advertising of which is forbidden or restricted
Yandex does not accept advertisements for certain products and services, and also applies additional rules to certain subjects. This is due to legal restrictions and Yandex advertising policy. Please make sure that your products/services do not fall into any of the prohibited categories and find out which documents you need to pass moderation.
- Requirements for websites and ads
To make sure you create your ads correctly, familiarize yourself with the rules concerning texts and keywords, as well as the requirements for images, landing pages, and other ad elements.
- Notices and age restrictions in ads
- Find out what kinds of ads are accompanied by notices and age limits.
- Requirements for using the smart banner ad format
Yandex does not place smart banner ads for certain products and services, and applies additional rules for ads that use this format.
- Requirements for using the display banner ad format on the Yandex Home page
Yandex does not place display banner ads for certain products and services on the Yandex Home page, and applies additional rules for serving ads in this format.
- Requirements for placing creatives in outdoor advertising format
Yandex does not place outdoor ads for certain products and services, and applies additional rules for serving ads in this format.
Advertising materials such as text, keywords, and links usually pass moderation within a few hours. The more ads a campaign contains, the longer it usually takes to moderate.
You'll receive the moderation results by email, and you can also check the status of your ad campaign in the interface.
The full list of advertising rules and requirements can be found in the following documents: