How to launch a campaign
- Step 1. Go to the campaign creation page and make settings
Click Add campaign. Choose Expert mode and select your ad goal: Reach on Yandex services.Enter the campaign name. Make settings:
- Select a product: for each product, you can see the maximum and minimum number of impressions, expiration date, and CPM.
- Set the campaign start and end dates.
- Specify the campaign budget. The planned number of impressions will be calculated using the basic CPM of the product. Basic CPM may be subject to markups if the product uses settings with increasing coefficients for targetings. Final CPM will be specified after all targetings are selected in the group. For more information about markups, see the product description.
- Specify the Yandex Metrica tag on your website.
- Go to the advanced settings and enable the option Extend campaign automatically to use your remaining budget effectively and reach a large audience. Your placement period will extend to the end date or until your budget runs out.
- Step 2. Create an ad group.
- For this ad group, set up:
The final CPM depends on the selected targetings: certain markups are applied. For example, your CPM might increase if you select users in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, serving based on audience interests or for a certain age category. The cost may be reduced if serving is disabled for certain regions or interests. Different products use different markups. The final CPM is specified under Markups.
- Step 3. Add creatives
Add creatives of any size: click. Upload an image or HTML5 banner from your computer or choose a previously added banner.
To learn about requirements for creatives, see Requirements for banners in Media Services, Requirements for advertising materials on Auto.ru, Requirements for banners on Yandex Realty. Banners must also meet the moderation requirements and technical requirements.
Specify up to three links to the website. Make sure that the sequential number of the link matches the clickNum parameter value when calling the method
homeExpandableDesktopBannerAPI.clickAndClose(clickNum)from the banner code.
- Step 4. Enter a Yandex Audience pixel and impression tag
- You can use the Yandex Audience pixel to develop different scenarios of connecting with your display ad audience. The pixel is special code embedded in your advertising materials.
Create a pixel in Yandex Audience. For more information, see Yandex Audience Help.
Add the pixel code to the banner. After the impressions begin, the pixel starts to collect anonymous identifiers of users who have seen your ad. You can use this data when you set up your retargeting.
You can use the ADFOX tag or Yandex Metrica pixel to count ad impressions for display ads. The tag or pixel must include the
%random%macro. They must also support HTTPS.
Ad moderation and launching a campaign
After you create your ads, they are checked for compliance with the design requirements and moderation rules: In order to pass moderation, also make sure that you have enough funds on your shared account to pay for placement. If you can't deposit the total amount in full now, write to your Manager at Yandex.
On the campaign page, click terms of ad placement on Yandex. It usually takes the moderators a few hours to review ads.and confirm that you agree with the
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you created the ad campaign.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment.
You can check the campaign status in the Status column. To set up the column display, click Columns on the campaign page.