How to launch a campaign
- Step 1. Go to the campaign creation page and set parameters
- Click. Enter the campaign name. Set up the campaign parameters:
- Select a product: for each product, you can see the maximum and minimum number of impressions, expiration date, and CPM.
- Set the campaign start and end dates. The campaigns are placed strictly by calendar week, so make sure that the campaign starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. The campaign dates can't be after the product validity dates.
- Specify the number of impressions you want to get. It must be within the values specified in the product description.
- If available, you can change the following parameters:
- Placement positions: On the desktop or mobile version of the Yandex Home page, or on a new tab page in the browser.
- LTV (Light TV viewers): Targeting at users who rarely or never watch TV.
- Display regions (pick from the list available for the selected product).
- Specify the Yandex.Metrica tag on your website.
- Step 2. Create an ad group.
After the ad campaign is created, the default ad group creation page opens. The default ad group inherits your campaign settings. Save the default ad group.
- Step 3. Add creatives
Add banners of all the necessary sizes to the default ad group (they are listed on the ad creation page). Click. Upload an HTML5 banner from your computer or choose a previously added banner. You can add any banners to other ad groups.
Specify sitelinks: one for regular banners, up to three for banners with an expandable block. The link sequence number must match the value of the clickNum parameter when calling the
homeExpandableDesktopBannerAPI.clickAndClose(clickNum)method in the banner code.
- Step 4. Enter a Yandex.Audience pixel and impression tag
- You can use the Yandex.Audience pixel to develop different scenarios of connecting with your display ad audience. The pixel is special code embedded in your advertising materials.
Create a pixel in Yandex.Audience (learn more in the Yandex.Audience Help).
Add the pixel code to the banner. Once impressions begin, the pixel will start collecting anonymous identifiers of users who have viewed your ads. You can use this data when you set up your retargeting.
You can use the ADFOX tag or Yandex.Metrica pixel for counting ad impressions for display ads. The tag or pixel must include the
%random%macro. They must also support HTTPS.
Ad moderation and launching a campaign
After you create your ads, they are checked for compliance with the design requirements and moderation rules: In order to pass moderation, also make sure that you have enough funds on your shared account to pay for placement. If you can't deposit the total amount in full now, write to your Manager at Yandex.
On the campaign page, click terms of ad placement on Yandex. It usually takes the moderators a few hours to review ads. Moderators do not work at night. On weekends and holidays, it might take longer than on business days.and confirm that you agree with the
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you created the ad campaign.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment.