Release 2.31 (April 24, 2018)
- Auction data display changes
- Now you'll see bids and click prices for various traffic volumes on search under the Keywords tab.
- Using the Bid wizard, you can set bids on search based on how much traffic volume you want (it will take click price into account).
Release 2.30 (August 15, 2017)
- Second title and extra characters in ads
Text and image ads now have the supplementary field Title 2 and new limits on the number of characters:
Title 1 — Maximum of 35 characters + 15 characters .,:;"!
Title 2 — Maximum of 30 characters + 15 characters .,:;"!
Text — Maximum of 81 characters + 15 characters .,:;"!
Release 2.29 (July 6, 2017)
- Disabled the option “Serve in the lowest possible position”
The campaign parameters tab no longer shows the option “Serve in the lowest possible position” that was previously available for the “Manual bid management” strategy.
- 4th position in Premium Placement
The Phrases tab now shows auction data for the fourth position in Premium Placement: the entry bid and the actual CPC.
Release 2.28 (June 22, 2017)
- Changed settings for related keywords
The Additional relevant phrases section on the campaign parameters tab no longer shows Mode, and the Advanced settings section no longer has the Related Keywords option.
Release 2.27 (May 23, 2017)
- “Rarely served” status
The “Rarely served” status is now available on the Ad groups tab and is supported when saving to a file.
- Extended query language capabilities
The query language has more values allowed in the condition
Field = [value1 value2 ...].
Release 2.26 (February 14, 2017)
- Shared negative keywords
You can add negative keywords that contain up to 7 words on the campaign level (on the Parameters tab) and on the ad group level (on the Ad groups tab).
Release 2.25 (December 15, 2016)
- New symbols in ads
- You can now use symbols (™ ® © ’ ° ₽) and superscript numbers (⁰¹²³⁴⁵⁶⁷⁸⁹) in ad titles and texts.
Release 2.24 (May 4, 2016)
- Display link
You now have the option to customize a display link in your Ads tab. A display link is part of a webpage's address which will be shown in the ad after the domain. You do not need to include the domain or the slash after it — they'll be entered automatically.
You now have the option to add callouts to your ads in the Ads tab. Operations for the import and saving of callouts to files will be added in the future.
Release 2.23 (March 14, 2016)
- New image sizes
Direct Commander will start using large images. You can now upload images in the following sizes:
Note. Images in the previous dimensions — from 150 pixels on the short side — can still be uploaded via the web interface during this transition period.
with an aspect ratio from 1:1 to 3:4/4:3 — from 450 pixels on each side
with an aspect ratio of 16:9 — from 1080 × 607 pixels
Release 2.22 (February 25, 2016)
- Extended geotargeting
The Extended geotargeting option has appeared in the campaign settings tab. This option allows you to serve ads for queries that include the name of a display region, even if the user is located in a different region.
- Optimizing goal conversion rate for related keywords
In the campaign settings section, under Additional relevant phrases, you now have the option to specify a goal from Yandex.Metrica. Conversion statistics for this goal are used when selecting the most effective keywords in “Minimal” or “Optimal” ad selection mode.
Release 2.21 (February 9, 2016)
- Sitelink descriptions
The Ads tab now contains columns in which descriptions for sitelinks can be specified. Sitelink descriptions are shown in the ad based on a navigation query.
- Changes to keyword limits
Before, the total keyword length in ad groups could not exceed 4096 characters. Now, this limit of 4096 characters is applied to each keyword, and up to 200 keywords can be added to a group.
Release 2.20 (January 28, 2016)
- Ads for Mobile Apps
You can now manage Ads for Mobile Apps campaigns and ads in Direct Commander. All Direct Commander features are available for the new campaign type, with the exception of "import from file" and "save to file". These features will be added soon.
Release 2.19 (10 September, 2015)
- Bid adjustments
Now you can make bid adjustments under the Parameters tab in the Advanced setting block, as well as in the Ad groups tab. Bid adjustments allow you to modify bids while ads are being displayed to a selected audience, such as: users of a particular gender and age group; users who previously visited the advertiser's site, users who performed certain actions on the site, or mobile phone users. More information about bid adjustments
Release 2.18 (1 September, 2015)
- New auction: entry bids and click prices for all positions
On the Phrases tab you'll now see auction data for all positions within the premium placement and guaranteed placement blocks:
minimum bid that will allow the majority of ads from the group for this keyword to display in this position at the present moment
click price that may be charged at the moment for clicks on ads based on keywords that correspond to user queries in this position among the search results.
- New Bid Wizard functionalities
- Now you can assign bids on search depending on the entry bid for any position in the premium placement or guaranteed placement blocks and also factor click price in to the selected position in Bid Wizard.
Release 2.17 (May 27, 2015)
- Mobile ads
Under the Ads tab, you can now see the “Mobile” option, which you can specify when creating a new ad. If a group contains a mobile ad, this ad gets the highest priority when displayed on smartphones. More information about mobile ads
You can distinguish mobile ads from all other in a group by using the and icons under the Ad groups tab.
- Send bids fast
- The Phrases tab now features the button which allows you to quickly update bids without resending the entire campaign. Clicking this button will send the updated bids and priorities for all keywords displayed under the tab to Yandex.Direct's server (this does not apply to new keywords which have not been sent to the server before).
- Disabling extended ad titles
- The campaign parameters tab now has an option called Disabling Extended Ad Title. More information about extended ad titles
Release 2.16 (May 12, 2015)
- Increase bids by the hour
Now you can increase bids based on the time of day or day of week in the time targeting settings under the campaign parameters tab. For each hour you can set a coefficient value from 0% to 200% of the current bid (previously the range was 0% to 100%).
- Extended query language capabilities
- The query language now supports multiple values in text fields and number fields.
Release 2.15 (April 20, 2015)
- Related Keywords
Under the campaign parameters tab, in the Advanced Setting section, a new option called Related Keywords has been added. The Related Keywords feature automatically suggests highly-effective keywords based on the same topic. More information about Related Keywords
- Copying settings for campaigns and groups
- By default, campaigns and ad groups are copied along with suspended ads and keywords, but archived ads are not. You can change the copying settings in Commander's Settings.
Release 2.14 (March 3, 2015)
- Bid Settings on Mobile Devices
A new option, Bid Settings on Mobile Devices, can now be found under the Parameters and Ad Groups tabs.
Release 2.13 (February 24, 2015)
- Keyword productivity indicator
The Productivity column is now available in the Phrases tab. You can get productivity indices with the help of the button. In Commander's settings, you can enable productivity indices to automatically update while retrieving a campaign from the server.
When you hover the mouse cursor over the icon, recommendations on how to improve keyword productivity will appear. You can filter keywords of an ad campaign or an account by index value, as well as by a set of recommendations.
Release 2.12 (September 15, 2014)
- Check results of keyword correction
- Now you can view changes suggested by the program and accept them either entirely or in part (or cancel them) when correcting keywords.
Release 2.11 (July 17, 2014)
- Query input language using boolean operators
- You can use a special query language, that let you combine different conditions by field value when searching for items.
- Keyword correction
- Under the Phrases tab you'll now find tools that will help you fix overlapping keywords and delete duplicates, even if they are from different groups or campaigns.
- Settings for retrieving prices and statistics
- Under the Phrases tab, you'll see a new button which updates data concerning current prices and cumulative impression statistics. This information will not appear automatically when you retrieve your campaign, because this would noticeably slow down the process of retrieving data from the server. You can set up automatic price and statistics updates in Commander's settings.
- Capitalization of keywords
- You now have the option to apply capitalization to several selected keywords at once. This function is useful when using ad templates.
- See keyword ID
- The ID column is available under the Phrases tab. This column is hidden by default. You can enable it using the context menu.
- Link formatting for Yandex.Metrica
- Now in Commander you can tag links for Metrica. Just go to Fine tuning and Link formatting for Metrica.
Release 2.10 (May 28, 2014)
- Suspending and resuming individual keywords
- Now you can suspend and resume ad impressions for individual keywords. Under the Phrases tab you will now find a Status column that shows the current keyword status (“Active”, “Suspended” etc.).
- Fix overlapping keywords
- Keywords within an ad group will automatically be corrected so that they don't overlap when you send your campaign to the server. This increases the accuracy of your statistics.
- Non-overlapping keywords means that any search query can be matched by no more than one keyword in a group. This is achieved by adding negative keywords to overlapping keywords.
- For example, an ad group contains the keywords fur coat and mink fur coat. Both keywords match the search term mink fur coat, because every word of both keywords is contained in it. A keyword is randomly selected for impression statistics, which makes statistics less accurate. A negative keyword is added to the first keyword in order to fix the overlap, resulting in fur coat -mink. As a result, each search term only corresponds to a single keyword.
- Character counter
- When you enter ad headers and text, you'll see a character counter next to the text-entry field that tells you how many symbols you have left and warns you when your text is too long.
Release 2.9 (March 17, 2014)
- Advanced filters
- Under the Campaigns, Ad groups, Ads and Phrases tabs, you'll now see advanced filters that let you search separate columns by value.
- Improved navigation links
- Navigation links now let you click through to several parent objects if the chosen keywords and ads are from different campaigns or groups.
- Now you can add up to four sitelinks to your ads.
- Shared negative keywords in XLS and CSV
- Now shared negative keywords are supported for campaigns and ads when downloading and uploading data using XLS and CSV files.
- “Average CPA” strategy
- A new strategy called “Average CPA” is available in Commander that will allow you to manage your ad campaigns automatically. You can find out more about this strategy in the Strategy: average CPA section of Direct Help.
- Program settings
- A window now opens containing general program settings where you can turn the backup function on and off and also choose which folder you want to save your data in.
Over time more options will appear in Settings that will make working with the program more flexible and convenient.
Release 2.8 (October 31, 2013)
- Groups of ads
An ad group contains a set of ads and common display criteria for these ads. Ad groups allow you to test out different variations of the same ad and then choose the most appropriate option for a particular audience automatically. You can read more about groups in the Ad groups section of Direct Help.
Direct Commander now features the tab Ad groups in which group parameters can be customized: name, geotargeting, and shared negative keywords for the group. Ads and keywords for the selected group are displayed in the following panel in the Ads and keywords tabs. Keywords and geotargeting are now customized for the whole group, rather than for individual ads.
- vCards Wizard
- The vCards Wizard is a tool for editing multiple vCards that replaces separate tabs for vCards. In the vCards Wizard, you can create a new vCard or select one that already exists. The vCards Wizard can be called up in the Ads tab by double clicking in the vCard field or by using the context menu for the selected ads.
- vCard for new ads
- It is now possible to select an existing vCard that will be automatically copied to newly-created ads in the campaign settings tab. This setting replaces the single vCard setting.
- Catalog categories have become YAN sites
- Catalog category pages are now a part of the Yandex Advertising Network. In order to display ads on Catalog pages, you must enable impressions on content sites in campaign settings.
- Multilingual interface
- The new version of Direct Commander is available in English, Ukrainian, and Turkish. Select the language you need at the bottom of the page http://direct.yandex.com/commander and download the install file.
Release 2.7 (August 15, 2013)
- Working with images
- The Ads tab now features Image wizard, a mass editing tool for images in ad campaigns.
- Adding new keywords by list or generating keywords
- Now when pressing the button, a window opens with an entry field where you can insert new keywords by list or generate them using operators
- New ways to mark items with stars
- Now you can quickly mark selected items using Ctrl+M (Cmd+M for Mac) or the context menu. stars make working with necessary items (campaigns, ads, keywords) more convenient. For example, you can display only marked elements in the table with one click. To do so, click the button with the star in the filter under the table.
Release 2.6 (April 18, 2013)
- New find and replace capabilities
- Now you can search and replace text at the beginning or end of a line, as well as insert the necessary value in all fields of a particular type. In addition to the “Replace with” function, you can now add text using the “Add to beginning” and “Add to end” options.
- Sending campaigns and ads is now faster
Commander will no longer receive your whole campaign when you send us your changes. Instead, the app will only update bids and statistics for the ads that were changed. This will cut down on sending time.
Click on the Ads tab to view the latest bids and statistics.
- Opening ad links in browser
If ad drafts are displayed, simply click on the ad's header (or sitelinks' headers) to open the link.
In addition to this, the point Follow link has been added to the ad context menu.
Release 2.5 (March 26, 2013)
- Capability to edit additional Metrica counters
This parameter appeared in the campaign parameters tab in the section Precise setting
- New shortcuts for working with data
- All the keyboard shortcuts are listed on the Keyboard shortcuts page.
- Faster element filtering
- Data filters in tables have become even faster. For average-sized ad materials, the data in question should display instantly. If you have an extremely large volume of data, then data will still display ten times faster than it did before.
Release 2.4 (November 29, 2012)
Reading and sorting large volumes of information now goes ten times faster. To achieve these results, we've completely re-configured the app's database logic. Now data is loaded to tables in a flash. For example, it only takes a second to read 10,000 files now (in the previous version it took about 20 seconds).
Release 2.3 (October 15, 2012)
The long-awaited “Undo” function has been implemented. Now users can cancel and repeat their last actions using the and buttons, or the shortcuts Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y (Cmd+Z and Cmd+Shift+Z for Mac).
Release 2.2 (July 4, 2012)
- Save to file
- Ad campaigns, individual ads, or keywords can be exported to XLS files in the standard Yandex.Direct format.
- Copying and inserting columns in tables
- It is possible to copy table columns to and insert columns from the clipboard in the Campaigns, Ads, Phrases and Catalog tabs. It's a quick way to transfer data between Direct Commander and other apps such as spreadsheets or word-processing programs.
- Splitting ads
- You can split an ad that exceeds the maximum possible total keyword length into several similar ads. With just one click your keywords will be dispersed among multiple ads.
- Quick setting of panel sizes
Popular panel configurations in the Direct Commander window can be set in one or two clicks or by using hot keys.
- Setting columns in tables
- You can enable or disable showing table columns and change the positions of columns in the Campaigns, Ads, Phrases, and Catalog tabs.
- Viewing available points
- The remaining points that limit the amount of operations per day cannot be found out directly in Direct Commander.
- Shared negative keywords for an ad
- You can specify shared negative keywords for the ad in the ad's parameters.
- New ad campaign parameters
New display strategies for search and YAN, as well as flexible time targeting with hourly correction of CPC are now available in the web interface as well as Direct Commander.
The time of the last update from the Yandex.Direct server is displayed for each campaign.
Release 2.1 (April 5, 2012)
- Bid wizard
This tool allows CPC to be managed for a large quantity of keywords or categories: in the same way, current bids can be modified (for example, increase by 20%) or set bids depending on the entry cost for guaranteed impressions, first places, and premium placement.
- Mass campaign setting editing
The same setting (for example, identical geotargeting, impression strategy, or e-mail for notifications) can be set for several campaigns at once.
- Mass status change
Several campaigns or ads can be submitted for moderation, launched, stopped, archived, or unarchived at once.
- Mass sending to the server
You can send any amount of new or editing ad campaigns to the server with one click.
Unnecessary items, such as campaigns without money, stopped ads, or keywords disabled for low CTR can be hidden using the new filter.
- Keyword service parameters
Two additional parameters that don't exist in the Direct web interface can be set for keywords in Direct Commander. These parameters' values are automatically added to the link that the user follows to the advertised site and also allows traffic by each specific keyword to be tracked.