Splitting keywords by word
Splitting a keyword by individual words means that one keyword becomes two:
- a specified word is added into one of the keywords;
- another specified word is added to the other keyword as a negative keyword.
If you split the keyword “buy matches” by the word “price”, then you will have the keywords “buy matches price” and “buy matches -price”.
Using Direct Commander, you can quickly split a selected group of keywords by word, while the keywords can relate to different campaigns or ad groups:
- Select the necessary campaigns in the Campaigns tab. You can instantly select several campaigns by holding the Ctrl or Shift keys. Groups from all selected campaigns will be displayed in the Ad groups tab.
- Select the groups you need in the Ad groups tab. You can instantly select several groups by holding the Ctrl or Shift keys. Keywords from all selected groups will be displayed in the Phrases tab.
- Select the keywords which should be split in the Phrases tab.
In the Split keyword phrases window, enter the word to use for splitting and click Split.