To redirect users from your domain address to your website, set up an A record or an AAAA record for your domain (or both).
You need to set up an A record and an AAAA record in Yandex.Connect if you delegated your domain to Yandex servers. When linking a domain to a company, all of the domain's DNS records are automatically carried over to its Yandex.Connect page. If this didn't happen or if you want to add a new website, create an A record and an AAAA record in the Yandex.Connect DNS Editor.
Setting up an A record and an AAAA record
Log in to your DNS hosting company's control panel.
If you delegated your domain to Yandex servers, go to the Yandex.Connect DNS Editor.
Create an A record and set the field values (the field names may be different on different control panels):
- In the Subdomain name or Host fields:
- To specify the website IP address for the primary domain (such as
- To specify the website IP address for a subdomain, enter the part of the subdomain name that is separated from the primary domain name by a dot. For example, enter
subfor the subdomain
- In the Value field, enter the IP address of the server hosting your website. (for example,
- If you need to fill in the TTL field, enter
- Make a second A record with the same IP address for the
wwwsubdomain. For example, the Host field for the primary domain
yourdomain.tldshould have the
wwwvalue, and the
- If your site has multiple IP addresses, create corresponding A records for each IP address.
- To create an AAAA record, follow the same steps needed to create an A record. The AAAA record value needs to be a server's IP address in IPv6 format, such as
Wait for the changes to take effect in the DNS. It may take DNS servers up to 72 hours to exchange the updated DNS records.