To redirect users from your domain address to your website, set up an A record for your domain. It should contain the IP address of the server that hosts your website.
You need to set up an A record in Yandex.Connect if you delegated your domain to Yandex servers. When linking a domain to a company, all of the domain's DNS records are automatically carried over to its Yandex.Connect page. If this didn't happen or if you want to add a new website, create an A record in the Yandex.Connect DNS Editor.
General guide for setting up an A record
Log in to your DNS hosting company's control panel.
If you delegated your domain to Yandex servers, go to the Yandex.Connect DNS Editor.
Create an A record and set the field values (the field names may be different on different control panels):
- In the Host field:
- To specify the website IP address for the primary domain, enter
- To specify the website IP address for a subdomain, enter the part of the subdomain name that is separated from the primary domain name by a dot. For example, enter
subfor the subdomain
- In the Entry value field, enter the IP address of the server that hosts your site (for example,
- If you need to fill in the TTL field, enter
- Make a second A record with the same IP address for the
wwwsubdomain. For example, the Host field for the primary domain
yourdomain.tldshould have the
wwwvalue, and the
- If your site has multiple IP addresses, create corresponding A records for each IP address.
Wait for the changes to take effect in the DNS. It may take DNS servers up to 72 hours to exchange the updated DNS records.