Links between issues
Issue links help group multiple issues based on a common theme or view the issue hierarchy.
Tracker has several link types:
- Parent issue — Sub-issue
- You can use this link type to decompose your issues. Break larger project chunks into standalone issues and sub-issues.
- Let's say you need to implement a new feature in your product, which implies resolving multiple smaller issues. For such cases, you can create a parent issue of the “New feautre” type and link your sub-issues to it.
- Related to
- Use this link type to reference other issues with a common theme.
- Depends on — Blocks
- Use this link type if a certain issue can only be worked on once another issue is completed. For instance, a new app feature that can only enter development once the interface has been designed.
- Duplicated by — Duplicates
- Use this link type to group issues that describe the same task. As an example, this link should be used if you created multiple “Bug”-type issues that describe the same problem.
- Epic for — Sub-epic
- Use this link type to decompose tasks if you're working with Scrum.
You can view and edit the link list on the issue page.