An epic is a type of issue that allows you to group other issues based on a shared theme. Epics can include issues from different queues and sprints.
Epics are especially effective with Scrum boards, which help plan your team's workload. Issues in epics can be distributed within multiple sprints. This will let you predict labor costs and deadlines.
- Filter issues by epic
Click Boards on the top Tracker panel and select your board.
Click Sprints in the upper-right corner.
- Select issue grouping by epic on the left side of the page.
The list will display epics added to the board or created there.
- Click the epic card. Issues from the selected epic will be displayed in the backlog and sprints.
- To view an epic's properties, click the arrow to the left of its name.
An epic card displays the total number of issues within the epic, the total Story Points for all issues, the total number of assignees, and the queues whose issues are included in said epic.
- Create an epic on the board
- Click above the epic list.
- Specify the queue where the epic will be created as well as the epic's name and owner.
- Click Create epic.
- Add an issue to the epic
Go to the sprint page and drag an issue from the backlog or a sprint to the epic's card.
- Create a new issue in an epic
- Expand the epic card by clicking the arrow to the left of its name.
- Click Create subissue at the bottom.
- Fill in the issue fields and click Create. Your new issue will be added to the epic.
- Remove an issue from an epic
You can remove an issue from an epic on the sprint page or the issue page.
- Open the sprint page on the board and drag your issue to the No epics card.
- Open the issue page, hover your mouse over the epic's field in the Linked block, and click .