Moving Tracker to Yandex.Cloud
Yandex Tracker has been available on Yandex.Cloud as of March 1, 2021. Once new users enable Tracker, they can manage their organization using Yandex Cloud Organization and pay for the services they use via Yandex.Cloud billing.
If Tracker is linked to an organization that was created in Yandex.Connect before March 1, 2021, you will need to transfer that organization to Yandex.Cloud. Otherwise, you won't be able to continue using Tracker after Yandex.Connect is restructured.
To move Tracker to Yandex.Cloud, follow these two steps:
- Switch to Yandex.Cloud to pay for services: you can do this right now. This is only required for companies that use paid Tracker features.
- Move your organization to Yandex.Cloud: we make preparations for this step. When everything is ready for the move, we will notify the company administrators by email.
- Switching to Yandex.Cloud for payments
- If Tracker is enabled via an agreement
- If you have 5 or fewer users with full access to the service
- Moving your organization to Yandex.Cloud
Switching to Yandex.Cloud for payments
If you've used paid Tracker features, you already have a Yandex.Balance billing account. Before transferring your Tracker company to Yandex.Cloud, you first need to switch to Yandex.Cloud for making payments:
- Enable Yandex.Cloud billing. The Yandex.Balance billing account will then be disabled automatically.
- If you have any arrears left on Yandex.Balance, pay it off first.
- If you have an unspent balance left on Yandex.Balance, send a refund request.
If you're only using free Tracker features, you don't need to enable billing.
- Enabling Yandex.Cloud billing
If you have to enable Yandex.Cloud billing for your company, you will see a notification in the Tracker web interface.Note. If you don't see a notification with the Enable billing button, your company may have signed a direct service agreement.
- Click Enable billing on the notification panel.
- If you already have a Yandex.Cloud billing account, you can use it now: select the account from the list and click Link.
If you don't have an account yet or you want to change your payment details, create a new account:
- Select if you want to pay for Tracker as an individual or legal entity.
- Enter your details or the details of your company.
- If you are planning to pay for the service as a legal entity, choose a payment method. Then specify your payment details or link your bank card.
If you're planning to pay for the service as an individual, link your bank card.
- Click the Enable button.
- Go to https://billing.cloud.yandex.com an select your account. If the account is suspended or you have a zero balance, upgrade to paid version and top up the account.
The Tracker fee will be charged through Yandex.Cloud billing starting from the 1st day of the month after your billing account is activated.Note. If you're experiencing any issues or have any questions regarding enabling Yandex.Cloud billing, please contact support.
For example, you enable your billing account on November 20. Your November invoice will be issued on December 1 or December 2 via Yandex.Balance, and you should pay the invoice on the Balance and pricing page, as you did before. After that, your December invoice will be issued via Yandex.Cloud.
If you use Yandex.Cloud services other than Tracker, you will be able to pay for all of them via your unified billing account.
- Refunding the balance remainder
If you have any funds left on your Yandex.Balance account after moving to Yandex.Cloud for your Tracker payments, please contact support.Important. The refund request can only be submitted by your organization owner.
If Tracker is enabled via an agreement
If you didn't accept the offer terms when enabling Tracker, signing a direct service agreement with Yandex LLC or a special offer for educational institutions, you will need to conclude a new agreement with Yandex.Cloud LLC. To do this, please contact support.
If you have 5 or fewer users with full access to the service
If there are 5 or fewer users with full Tracker access in your company and you don't pay for the service, then you don't have to enable billing when moving your company to Yandex.Cloud. You will be able to move your company to Yandex.Cloud along with its Tracker account once this feature becomes available.
If you set up full access for 6 or more users, you can link an existing Yandex.Cloud billing account to Tracker or create a new one.
Moving your organization to Yandex.Cloud
To finalize moving Tracker to Yandex.Cloud, you have to copy your organization information to Yandex Cloud Organization. This feature is currently unavailable. When everything is ready for the move, we will notify the company administrators by email and add the necessary instructions to our documentation.
After moving your organization to Yandex.Cloud:
- Your Tracker and its existing users will be linked to a new organization created in Yandex Cloud Organization.
- The Tracker interface will be updated.
- You will be able to set up Single Sign-On for your company using an identity federation, which will allow your employees to use their Active Directory, Google Workspace, or other corporate accounts to sign in to Tracker. You can read more about it in the Yandex Cloud Organization Help.
- You will gain access to the cloud and Yandex.Cloud services.