Automatic message sorting by folder
If you receive a lot of emails from various senders (such as from work and friends on social networks), then Yandex.Mail can help you sort them using folders. To set up automatic message sorting:
- Open the menu Create filter. and click on
In the Apply section, select the type of emails in the list that you want the filter to apply to:
In the If section, enter the filtering condition:
For more information about parameters and values, see the How to set a condition section.
Several conditions can be specified for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- In the If section, click Add condition, and select the parameter and its value.
- Please, specify if these conditions must be fulfilled simultaneously:
- For emails to automatically go to specific folders, enable the option Put in folder and then select a folder from the list on the right. If you want emails to be automatically marked with a specific label,
enable the option Apply label and then select a label from the list on the right.
Messages are placed in the Inbox if no filter is enabled or no condition is met.Tip. Simple sorting filters can be created in the menu . Select a folder or label and click Create filter. Specify the conditions for sorting emails and then click Create filter again.
Auto-sorting doesn't work
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Not enough time has passed since you configured the filter
- Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter, because it might not begin working immediately.
- The filter conditions are entered incorrectly
- Check the properties and parameters conditions.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
- If the list contains filters higher up with the same conditions, or one of the filters higher up has the Ignore other filters option selected, this may affect how the filter is implemented. For more information, see Filter priority.
If the filter does not work a few minutes later and changing the settings does not help, please contact Yandex.Mail Support using the feedback form at the bottom of the page.