Automatic message sorting by folder
If you receive a lot of email from various senders (such as from work, from friends, and from social networks), Yandex.Mail can help you sort them into folders. To set up automatic message sorting:
- Open Create filter. and click
- Under Apply, choose the type of message to apply the rule to from the list:
- Under If, set the filter conditions:
For more information about parameters and values, see How to set a condition.
- You can specify several conditions for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- Under If, click Add condition, then choose the parameter and its value.
- Specify if these conditions must be met simultaneously:
- For emails to automatically go to specific folders, enable the option Put in folder and then select a folder from the list on the right. If you want emails to be automatically marked with a specific label, enable the option Apply label and then select a label from the list on the right.
Messages are placed in the Inbox if no filter is enabled or no condition is met.Tip. You can create basic sorting rules in the menu. Select the folder or label you need and click Create filter. Specify the conditions for sorting emails and then click Create filter again.
Auto-sorting doesn't work
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Not enough time has passed since configuring the filter
- Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter, because it might not begin working immediately.
- The filtering conditions are specified incorrectly
- Check the properties and parameters.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
- If the list contains filters higher up with the same conditions, or one of the filters higher up has the Ignore other filters option selected, this may affect how the rule is implemented. For more information, see Filter priority.
- Email collected by the importer is not in my Inbox
- If email arrives in your mailbox from another account, meaning you have email collection set up, but it is not in the Inbox, the filter doesn't apply to that email.
If the filter does not start working within a few minutes and changing the settings does not help, contact Yandex.Mail Support using the feedback form at the bottom of the page.