Importing mail from other mailboxes
You can re-direct emails from your other mail boxes to your Yandex mailbox.
Set up an importer
- Go to .
- Under Import mail from, enter the username and password that you use for logging in to the other mailbox. Then click Turn importer on.
- If you've successfully set up mail forwarding, you'll get a confirmation message. Then you can set rules for handling forwarded mail (to label them, sort them into folders, etc.).
- Click Server connection settings .
- Enter the name of the mail server and port number manually. You can get the values of these parameters from the mail support service where your mailbox is located.
The first email import occurs within several minutes after you have configured the mail importer. The time to access the other mail server for the periodic collection of emails can take from 10 minutes up to several hours, depending on the server the mail is collected from. You can't control or change this parameter.
Configure mail import
- Go .
- Click on the name of the mail importer in the list of connected mailboxes.
- Click Options. Here you can configure the rules for processing collected emails and the parameters for connecting to the server.
To disable mail import, go to the Mail import page and click disable.
If the mail importer is no longer needed, click on the name, then click Delete.
Import messages from another Yandex mailbox
- Collect new emails
If you want to collect emails from another Yandex mail box, you can set up a mail forwarding filter. After confirmation of the filter, all new emails will be transferred to your current mailbox.
- Collect old emails
In order to collect old emails from another Yandex mailbox:
- Log in to the mailbox you want to collect emails from.
- Go to
- Click Email clients and select From the imap.yandex.com server via the IMAP protocol.
- Click Save changes (the button appears after you select new entries or deselect other entries on the list).
- Create an importer for your current mailbox.
- If you configured the mail forwarding filter, disable the mail fetcher after all old emails have been forwarded. Otherwise, the emails will arrive in the new mailbox in duplicate. You can also disable the forwarding filter and keep only the messages from the importer.
Mail import doesn't work
This walk-through will guide you in troubleshooting the issues related to mail import. Before you start, open Yandex.Mail in a new tab to follow the recommendations.
Select a problem: