The following standard folders are available in the mailbox:
Sent. All emails you send
Spam. Emails determined to be spam.
- Outbox. Emails that were not sent due to problems with the internet connection. Once the Internet connection is restored, the emails will be sent automatically.
- Archive. Folder for old emails.Note. If the Archive doesn't contain any messages, the folder is not displayed. To move a message to this folder, right-click the message and select Archive.
The standard labels do not change and cannot be deleted.
To create a personal folder, click Create folder under the folder list.
You can create and edit personal folders by going to:
- Create folders inside the Inbox folder.
- Rename, empty, or delete folders.
- Mark all emails in the folder as read.
- Create filters for automatic sorting of emails.
Sorting a list of personal folders
Personal folders in a list can be moved and reordered by dragging and dropping the folder to a new place in the folder list.
If you cannot move a folder, make sure the allow dragging and dropping of messages and folders option is enabled in the mailbox settings.
All personal folders are sorted alphabetically by default. If you move at least one folder, the alphabetic order will not be restored.
Folders I created have disappeared
Check that the folders you created are in the list of all folders in your mailbox settings. If you see all your folders there but they do not appear when you view the list of messages, it means the list of personal folders is collapsed. To expand it, click the corresponding icon.
A list of folders can also be collapsed into icons. In this case, only folders with unread messages and system folders are displayed. To expand the list of folders, click :