Share a link to a file or folder
Files or folders must be shared in order for others to view them. Yandex.Disk lets you generate a direct download link for each file or folder.
- How it works
- Share files using the web interface
- Share through the mobile app
- Share files with the “Yandex.Disk” web app
- Comments to public files and folders
- View the number of views and downloads of a shared file or folder
- Access to a shared file is restricted or forbidden
- These recommendations didn't help
How it works
Any files and folders in the Disk root directory or your personal folders can be shared. To share an email attachment, copy it from the Mail attachments folder (on the Archive tab in the left panel) to the desired Disk folder.
The shared file link will continue to work until you make the file private. Disk will generate another link if you decide to share the file or folder again. If you already have access to a shared file and the Yandex.Disk web app or mobile app sends you another public link to it, it will be the same link that was generated when the file was shared the first time.
- In the left panel, choose the Shared access tab.
- Go to the Links tab.
Share files using the web interface
Select a file to share.
- Click the Share button on the upper panel or in the context menu.
- Choose the link sharing option from the list: copying the link, sending it by email or posting it in social networks. To get a QR code link, select the appropriate menu item.
Share through the mobile app
Share files with the “Yandex.Disk” web app
Comments to public files and folders
Users with access to a shared folder can leave comments, reply to them, and add Likes or Dislikes to the published files and comments.
If someone Liked or Disliked your shared file or left a comment, you will see a pop-up notification in the upper right corner of the screen. This information will also appear in your list containing all your notifications. To view all notifications, click the icon.
To turn off comments:
- Open a shared file by clicking on the link that was generated.
- Click the icon in the upper right corner and turn off the Comments option.
View the number of views and downloads of a shared file or folder
To get information about a file or folder, click the icon in the panel. The menu displays:
- Name (to change it, click in the upper panel or from the context menu).
- Last modified date.
- Number of files (for a folder).
- Number of views and downloads (for a shared file or folder).
Access to a shared file is restricted or forbidden
Access to files on Yandex.Disk may be restricted for everyone apart from the owner due to violations of the User Agreement. These restrictions may be imposed on shared material that violates current legislation, the terms of the User Agreement or the rights and legal interests of third parties (including copyrights). We recommend you read the Yandex Terms and Conditions.
Please use the contact form to reach us if you're sure that a file does not violate the User Agreement.
These recommendations didn't help
If you followed the recommendations but the problem persists, or if your question is not in the list, contact the support service.