To ensure constant protection of your computer and mobile devices, install an antivirus with regular updates of virus databases. It's best to configure the antivirus so that it constantly monitors programs running on your device.
If you can't install a paid antivirus, use one of the free programs listed below. Most of them are trial versions of paid antiviruses and have limited functionality. But even a trial version with reduced features can protect you when you're surfing the internet.
- Go to
- Enable the Scan device for security threats option.
Antivirus software for mobile devices has limited functionality. It's important that you follow safety rules when using the internet on a mobile device and download software from official sources.
You can also install Google Play Protect, which regularly checks your apps and the device for security threats:
Install an antivirus on your mobile device. You can find a full list of free antiviruses in Google Play. Below is a list of some popular antiviruses:
It is rightfully believed that the built-in security on iOS devices is so good, you don't need to install additional antivirus software: you can't download any malicious apps via the App Store. However, your device may need additional protection from other threats, such as phishing, spam, and data interception. Here's what you can use:
If the virus completely blocks the computer
If an virus completely blocks the operating system, you can use a startup disk image with an antivirus scanner:
To scan the computer using a startup disk:
- Download the disk image to a non-infected computer.
- Save it on a CD, DVD, or flash drive.
- Insert the disk or flash drive to the infected computer and restart it.
- Enter BIOS while your computer is booting. To access BIOS, you need to press a certain key repeatedly. It's usually F2, Del, or Esc. You can find out the exact key during the reboot: you'll see a message at the bottom of the screen, for example, “Press F2 to run SETUP”.
- Configure the Boot Sequence so that the computer first boots up from the medium you prepared.
- Restart your computer again. This time, it will boot from your medium and run the antivirus.
- Run the scan and wait until the antivirus checks the system completely and removes the detected viruses.
- Remove the startup disk and restart the computer. Return the Boot Sequence settings to their original state.
- After cleaning the computer, install an antivirus before you do anything else.
Ad malware removal programs
- In the browser
Yandex Browser blocks shocking and intrusive ads. If your browser shows you intrusive and shocking ads, opens new tabs with ads, or redirects you to unwanted sites, check your operating system using an ad malware removal program:
- In other apps
- If you see ads appear in various apps on your mobile device, the device may be infected with a virus. Go to the list of recently downloaded apps and identify the one that caused the infection. Remove the apps one by one and check whether unwanted ads disappear.