Geolocation settings in Safari
Configure access settings for individual sites
A warning appears at the top of the page when a site asks for your location. Configure geolocation settings:
- To let the site determine your location, click Allow.
- To allow your location to be determined for 24 hours, click Remember my decision for one day.
- To block requests from this site to determine your location: click Don't allow.
Configure access settings for all sites
- In the browser menu choose Safari → Preferences → Privacy.
- Flip the switch to the appropriate position in the Website use of location services block:
Change MacBook system settings
MacBook settings influence Safari and other programs' geolocation mechanisms.
To change system settings:
- Click → System Preferences → Security & Privacy.
- Go to the tab Privacy → Location Services.
- Click and enter your changes:
- To allow all programs from determining your location, check the box next to Enable Location Services.
- To prohibit all programs from determining your location, uncheck the box next to Enable Location Services.
- Uncheck the box next to the program that you don't want to allow to access your location.