Refunds and Chargebacks
1. Under your Merchant Profile
You can return successful payments (fully or partially). But this does not apply some payment methods.
2. By payment order
Send the order to the bank providing services to your organization. The bank credits the required amount to your personal account for refunds (your special account in Yandex.Checkout). After that we return the money to the user.
This requires implementing a special order management protocol (MWS).
What Payments Can Be Refunded
|Payment method||Refund/chargeback availability||API code|
|Direct carrier billing||MC|
|Mobile point-of-sale (mPOS)|| |
Money is returned to the payer on the next business day
Chargeback by payment order
Each chargeback requires separate payment order. This order needs to include the following:
- details of the payer's bank (your company)
- details of the recipient's bank (Yandex.Money's common banking details)
- number of the personal account for refunds and chargebacks (specified in Contract section of your Merchant Profile)
- in the payment purpose:
- number of the contract with Yandex.Money and its date of signing (you can look it up under your Merchant Profile in Contract section)
- number of the transaction to be cancelled. Starts with 2000; it can be copied from daily registers or history of payments in your Merchant Profile.
Sample of payment purpose: Return of funds under contract No. NEK 12345.01 dated 1 December 2014 for transfer No. 2000123456789 without VAT
If you do not have access to the Merchant Profile, but you need these details, contact your manager.
- You send the payment order to the bank your company's checking account opened in.
- The bank transfers the required amount to your account for refunds in Yandex.Checkout.
- We return money to the user: to the card, Wallet, or standard bank account (depend on the payment method the user selected).
Commission for Refund and Chargeback
If you make a refund at the day of the payment, no charges applied. The payment is simply cancelled.
If you make a refund later (after 0 AM by Moscow time), you pay a successful transfer fee.
Automated refunds and refunds via your Merchant Profile may sometimes be blocked. Why this happens:
- If you order a chargeback later than in the date of payment, Yandex.Checkout returns the money at the expense of its own funds.
- Your debt is liquidated automatically on the same day: it is deducted from new enrollments under the contract.
If you do not have any payments on that day, the debt moves to the next day. At that, the refunds via your Merchant Profile are suspended until the debt is repaid. As soon as you get new payments (and we deduct the debt amount), the feature will be reactivated.