This option allows for performing payments from bank cards in two steps and return money without commission.
- In the course of payment, the money is put on hold but not deducted.
- The deduction is executed some time later upon your order.
In the timespan between putting on hold and deducting the money, you can prepare the order: check whether the product is available on stock and deliver it to the buyer.
If something goes wrong, you can cancel the payment after the first step: we will stop holding the money, and it will return to the buyer. And you won't need to pay a transfer commission.
Preauthorization may also be referred to as: reserving, putting on hold, freezing, two-step debiting, deferred payment.
How It Works
- A client pays for your product or service with a bank card.
- The order amount is put on hold; the client receives a message about the payment.
You make sure that everything is ready: the product is in stock, price remains unchanged, and the client approves the product. Your further actions depend on the outcome of this check.
|Everything is all right||Order not fulfilled||Order partially fulfilled||30 days passed|
| || |
For instance, if a client picked a wrong size of a product and refused to accept it from the delivery boy.
For instance, a client ordered two dresses. Only one of them fitted well.
|The money will become available to user automatically. Or it will be credited to you (depends on how you tune Yandex.Checkout).|
Activating the feature
- Write to our manager that you want to activate preauthorization feature. The manager will prepare a new store for performing deferred payments: with unique shopId and scid parameters.
- Implement two-staged payment via the Yandex.Checkout protocol (using confirmPayment and cancelPayment methods).
Important: implementing preauthorization will make all payments with cards made via this store take two stages to complete.