Instructions for P17 reader
Important information about the reader:
- it supports cards with a magnetic stripe or a chip, as well as contactless cards (the ones that only require tapping for payment)
- it connects via bluetooth,
- it's compatible with phones and tablets running on Android (4.1 and newer) and iOS (8.0 and newer).
How to prepare the reader for use
After you pay for the reader, you will receive an email from email@example.com containing a username and a password required for activating the reader.
Keep this email on hand when activating the reader:
- Log in with the username and the password received in the email from 2can. If you can't find the email, click Recover password and 2can will send you a new email.
- Turn on the reader. Turn on bluetooth on the smartphone or tablet that you installed the app on.
Now open the settings of the 2can Terminal app.
Select the P17 type of reader.
A pop-up window will show you all devices visible via bluetooth. Click on your reader (its name will start with mPOS).
- Wait for the card reader to connect to your smartphone (or tablet). That done, you can start accepting payments.
Connect the reader to the smartphone via bluetooth and check if there is Internet access. Next:
Open the New payment section in the app.
Specify the amount and the purpose of payment (you can use the name of product or service here).
Specify the client's email address or phone number so that they'll receive the electronic receipt.
If the card has a chip, insert it into the reader with the chip on the underside.
If the card has a magnetic stripe, slowly and steadily swipe it through the reader.
If it's a contactless card, ask the client to tap it against the reader.
Please note: the reader takes up to five seconds to process the card.
If the client paid with a contactless card, ask them to sign on the screen.
If the client used a card with a magnetic stripe or a chip, ask them to enter the PIN code on the reader's keypad.
That's it, payment is complete.
All successful payments are saved to the History section in the main menu of the app.
Problems and solutions
The reader is not working
First of all, check the following:
- your internet connection is on,
- the reader is connected via bluetooth.
Then try unplugging and plugging the reader again, restarting or reinstalling the app, and rebooting your device. If this doesn't help, please contact the 2can support service. You will need to name the device's features.
In the course of a payment, something went wrong: for instance, internet connection was lost
View the History section in the app.
If the record about the last payment has been successfully saved, view it and ask your client to sign it. You need to complete the process within 5 minutes, otherwise it will be cancelled.
If the record is missing from the history, this means the funds were not debited. Start the process over.
The card cannot be read
- Try waiting a little: the reader needs up to five seconds to process a card.
- Make sure the bluetooth connection is working properly and the phone has Internet access.
- If the card has a magnetic stripe, swipe it again, slowly and steadily. If this is a chip card, withdraw it and insert it again.
- Reload the app or reboot your device.
If this doesn't help, contact the 2can support service.
If you have issues with the reader or the app, contact 2can.
The support service works on weekdays from 9 AM to 6 PM.
8 800 707 32 07
If you have issues with a payment that has already been completed, contact Yandex.Checkout.
The support service works from 8 AM to 8 PM on weekdays, and from 10 AM to 7 PM on weekends.
+7 (495) 974-3586