This feature allows for debiting money from the client's bank card after getting the client's permission for that.
We provide two types of autopayments:
- by date—for instance, each 1 date of every month. This type works best for subscriptions, charity organizations, and service providers
- by threshold—for instance, when the balance hits zero. This type works best for online games, social networks, mobile carriers.
Your clients can set autopayments up for any Visa or Mastercard. Other payment methods do not support this feature.
How it works
To activate autopayments, the client needs to pay at your store at least once:
- Select paying with bank card.
- Consent to the autopayment terms and conditions or set it up manually.
- Specify the card's details and check the Save the card box.
- Finish paying.
Further on, payments will be performed automatically:
- The store will notify the client about the debit.
- By store's command, Yandex.Checkout executes the payment.
- Money is debited from the client's card.
- Yandex.Checkout will notify the client about successful payment (if the client provided email address in the course of the first payment).
- Yandex.Checkout deducts commission from the payment amount.
Activating autopayment on your site
Write to your Yandex.Checkout manager that you want to activate autopayments for your site.
- Sign up with Yandex.Checkout. Onboarding method—API.
- Implement payments with saved bank cards. Upon the first payment, you need to save bank card details to save_payment_method. Upon the next payment, you need to send a request for creating a payment with this payment method's identifier in payment_method_id.
- Create an offer for your users with terms and conditions of managing the autopayments.