Integration via API
This page is about implementing the new Yandex.Checkout API: this method of setting up payment acceptance on your site is now default. The former protocol is still functioning (if you want to use it, write to the manager).
|Current version of the protocol||Preceding version of the protocol|
The new API is for those who wants to carry out the integration independently and customize their payment module and some CMSs.
Carrying out Integration
Step 1. Fill out settings
- First of all, sign up with Yandex.Checkout and log into your Merchant Profile (you will initially see there only application forms to fill out).
- Push Fill out under the Settings.
- Enter URL for notifications, an address in your system to which we will send you notifications.
- Clcik Save, then Send (you can add the online sales register's settings later). After that, your first store, the Demo Store, will appear in your Merchant Profile.
- Fill out information about your company (you need it for entering into the contract) and send it to us for review.
The manager will enable payment acceptance after you send the technical settings and enter into a contract with Yandex.Checkout.
Step 2. Implement the Yandex.Checkout API
Step 3. Conduct testing
There is a special Demo Store for testing:
- it doesn't debit funds on payments,
- it appears before your actual store (after you fill out and send us the technical questionnaire.) You can start setting up payment acceptance without waiting for the contract.
Using the Demo Store is not a requirement: you can test everything with real payments using actual money.
- secret key from Demo Store
- Demo Store's ID.
Configure your Demo Store
If you want to test payments:
1. To open its settings, push Stores and select Demo Store.
2. Under the Settings section, specify the URL in your system for our notifications about successful payments. We recommend you to use different URLs for test and real operations.
3. Issue a secret key for your Demo Store.
1) View Settings, find Secret key and click Issue key.
2) Activate the key by confirming it with a password from a text message (you will need a linked phone number).
3) Specify it on your side.
Perform testing payments
Using Demo Store, you can test payments from Yandex.Money Wallets and with bank cards.
1. Enter the testing data for authentication in Yandex.Checkout on your side:
2. Make a purchase as your client will do it: go to your online store, add a product to the shopping cart, push Pay.
Use demo card's details to make the payment. You won't need a demo Wallet: payments via Demo Store do not require a real Wallet.
Card number: 1111111111111026
Valid thru: 12 | 25
CVC (3D-Secure disabled): 000
CVC (3D-Secure enabled): 123
When paying at our Demo Store, everything functions as it will do for real payments: you get all notifications from us, but the money is not transferred anywhere.
Important: Demo Store remains awailable at any time, you can always use it to test the payment process. Be careful: do not give away the product paid for via Demo Store. To avoid mistakes, you can use a special URL for our notificaitons about testing payments (specify this URL under your Demo Store settings in your Merchant Profile).
Note: a payment goes through two stages. First, you send a request for a payment, then you need to confirm or cancel it. You will have 7 days to confirm the payment from a bank card, or 2 hours to confirm the payment made suing any other method. If you do not confirm it within that period, the payment will return to the buyer.
(You can perform payments at one stage, without confirmation: to do so, transmit capture=true in the initial request. Read the documentation)
Check refunds are working
Make a refund from your Merchant Profile. If you are going to make refunds via API, make sure everything works. Documentation on refunds
Step 4. Start accepting payments
If you made sure that payments and refunds are procesed without errors, and your store can successfully process paid orders, you can start accepting payments from customers.