Instructions for WooCommerce
To set up payment acceptance using this manual, you need to sign up for Yandex.Checkout and get the shopId and Secret key parameters.
- shopId will appear in your Merchant Profile by itself when you sign up for the service,
- Secret key is issued independently and requires activation in Merchant Profile.
Once you get both parameters, you can proceed with the configuration following this manual.
Installing the plugin
2. Click Plugins — Add new in the website's dashboard.
3. Upload the archive on the opened page. Click Install.
That's it: the plugin is installed. You can set up payment acceptance.
Setting up payment acceptance
1. Click WooCommerce — Yandex.Checkout settings in the website's dashboard.
2. Fill out the shopId and Secret key fields: you can get both parameters in your Yandex.Checkout Merchant Profile.
3. Indicate the preferable scenario of selecting a payment method:
- On Yandex.Checkout's side (you can view an example in Demo Store),
- On the store's side.
The option of selecting the payment method on the store's side looks like this.
4. In the drop-down lists, indicate the pages that your customers will see on:
- successful payment,
- payment error.
If there are no corresponding pages, they need to be created.
5. If you configured the transmission of receipts to the Tax service via Yandex.Checkout partner services (in accordance with Federal Law No. 54-FZ), enable the transmission of receipt data, then indicate the VAT rate to be specified in the receipt.
- The default rate will be indicated in the receipt for the products that you didn't previously indicate the VAT rate for,
- The rates in your store have to be compared against the Yandex.Checkout rates.
6. Click Save changes.
7. By default, all payment methods available in WooCommerce will be enabled for you: bank cards, Yandex.Money, Alfa-Bank, Sberbank Online, QIWI, Webmoney, and cash via payment kiosks. Some unneeded payment methods can be disabled in WooCommerce — Settings — Payments.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck the boxes of the payment methods you don't need. This section also allows changing their display order at the checkout page: all you need to do is drag them up or down in the table.
Using deferred payment (preauthorization)
If you have enabled deferred payments, bank card payments will be made in two steps:
- When the customer places an order on the website, the bank blocks the required amount on their card.
- The store captures the payment or returns the money to the customer.
In this case, if the order is canceled or the product is out of stock, the store can easily refund the money. No commission is charged for this refund.
1. How to enable deferred payments
Navigate to WooCommerce — Yandex.Checkout Settings. Check the Enable deferred payments box and click Save changes.
After you enable the option, the default status for all orders paid with a bank card will be "on-hold", and the payment will keep that status until you capture or cancel it. Every time a payment is received, the following entry will be added to the order history: "New payment has been received. Capture it before <date and time>, or it will be automatically canceled".
2. How to capture a payment
You can do it via the list of orders. Navigate to WooCommerce — Orders. Orders awaiting processing have a "processing" button in the Actions column (a button with an ellipsis). Click it to capture the payment. The payment status will change immediately after you click the button, and the result will be recorded into the order's history: "You have captured the payment via Yandex.Checkout". When you receive the payment notification from Yandex.Checkout, another entry will be added: "Transaction number in Yandex.Checkout: <id>. Amount: <amount>".
You can via the order card. View the order card, select the "Processing" status in the Order Status drop-down menu, then click "Update".
You can edit the contents of the order before capturing the payment: remove items or change their quantity. If you partially capture the payment, the remaining part is returned to the buyer.
3. How to cancel a payment
View the order card, select "Canceled" in the Order Status drop-down menu, then click "Update". The result will be recorded in the order history. If you are unable to cancel it, try again.