Yandex.Checkout allows businesses to accept payments, transfer money to clients, and handle other task related to e-payments. You can activate it for a site, blog, or online service (for instance, a social network, or messenger).
Where Yandex.Checkout Operates
Online: it allows you to accept payments at online stores from bank cards and using other methods, pay for freelancers' services, issue invoices to your clients from the CRM systems, and many more.
Offline: it allows you to accept bank cards upon delivery (using a mPOS), create QR-codes, and issue invoices to clients in text messages for paying via mobile.
Who Can Work with Yandex.Checkout
Any companies incorporated in Russia or other countries (corporations and sole proprietors). Non-Russian residents meet special conditions.
We provide official registration: your company enters into a contract with Yandex.Checkout, after that we regularly send accounting statements, payment registers, and other financial instruments.
What Individuals Can Do
Individuals can use the Yandex.Money service: issue our bank card, pay for anything they need, and accept payments. Yandex.Money's Help
Bank cards—Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and MIR
Yandex.Money—30 mln e-wallets
WebMoney—from WM Purses in rubles
QIWI Wallet—on QIWI's site or via QIWI Wallet app
Cash—via payment kiosks, ATMs, and mobile retail outlets
Online banking—Alfa-Click, Promsvyazbank, Sberbank Online
Mobile carrier billing—for clients of Beeline, Megafon, MTS, and Tele2 carriers
The buyer pushes Pay on your site and sees all available payment methods.
What is next depends on the method the buyer selected.
Detailed instructions for different methods
We only charge successful transfers. The onboarded stores and services pay these fees. We do not charge the buyers.
We credit money to your company's checking account on the next day after the payment. Yandex.Checkout deducts commission from the payment amount.
All payments are preformed via the Yandex.Money service secured in accordance with Visa and Mastercard standards—this is attested by the PCI DSS standard. We undergo special review every year to keep this certificate.
- chief executive's passport
- licenses (if your business is subject to licensing)
- power of attorney (if the signatory of the contract is a representative).
For companies registered in Russia:
Companies registered outside of Russia need to complete identification: its process depends on your country's legislation. You can learn more from our managers. But first you need to apply for onboarding with Yandex.Checkout and fill out a questionnaire about your company. In this case the answer will be precise.
- non-Russian companies need to complete identification
- they can select currency scheme.
We onboard companies registered in different countries.
Everything else is the same as for Russian companies.
- payment forms
- email invoicing
No, they cannot. Yandex.Checkout is a service only for companies. We have special services allowing individuals to accept payments to Yandex.Money's e-wallets:
You can make it in 3 days.
Register on Yandex.Checkout, fill out a questionnaire about your company, and upload your passport's scanned copy—we will set payments for you in 3 days.
How much time the technical part of the integration will take depends on your tasks and specialists.
- If you use a ready-made solution from our list (CMS, CRM, or framework), activate a payment module.
- If you use a custom-made site, implement a payment acceptance protocol.
- If you process orders manually, you do not need a technical integration.
- If you use an app, implement a protocol using the SDK libraries.
Depends on your system.
The modules are present in the most widely used CMS, SaaS, CRM, messengers, and frameworks. Check with our list
For OpenCart, PrestaShop, and WebAsyst, we developed a special Y.CMS—a module including several Yandex's services. Yandex.Checkout is among them.
- You can do it via our partner, REG.RU. It is issued for free upon signing up with Yandex.Checkout for one year. You can get it under your Merchant Profile or request from your manager.
- Or get one from other Certification Authorities.
- From your hosting provider. Such certificates are often provided for free together with hosting services (you can check it with your provider's customer support).
- You can get the certificate together with CMS, CRM, or other engine. The certificate is included in packages of some tariffs of 1C-Bitrix (Bitrix24), ABCP, Gollos, Insales, LPgenerator, Resonline, SiteEdit, Umi.ru, AutoWebOffice, and others.
- You can create one by yourself (custom made certificate is only works for exchanging data between your and our services).
SSL certificate encrypts details. You need it if you interact with us via HTTP: if you send requests for payments and receives notifications in the response. Custom made sites (implementation method: HTTP protocol) and ready-made engines (implementation method: Payment module) use this method for interaction with us.
If you process orders manually and get requests about payments via email (implementation method: Email protocol), you do not need such certificate.
Note: we do not support the SSL with the SNI support (Server Name Identification).
About work with Yandex.Checkout
- Create a new account on Yandex. Memorize its username and password.
- Fill out the application and specify your new username in it. Let your chief executive sign it and place your company seal if you have one.
- Scan your application with the signature and seal and send us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify subject: 'Restoring access to Yandex.Checkout Merchant Profile'.
- We will let you know when this new account will get the access.
You can have several usernames on Yandex. You have created the username for Yandex.Checkout in the course of the registration.
Finding this username
Look through the emails sent to the address you specified upon registering under your Merchant Profile (most likely, this is your primary email address).
We sent you an email notice after registration. Your Yandex.Checkout's username is in this message.
Subject: You have started a Yandex.Checkout Merchant Profile
I remember the username, but I forgot the password
Restore access via Yandex.Passport. If you remember your code word, you can create a new password right away.
If you do not remember it, you will need to specify your details first.
I do not remember my username
Try to restore the access under Yandex.Passport (by the phone number).
- Under your Merchant Profile: find a successful payment you need to return money for and push the button next to it—the refund is made.
- By a payment ordinance: fill out a paper form and bring it to the bank you have your company's checking account in (you may usually make this operation via online banking).
- Via Yandex.Checkout's protocol (for custom made sites and certain modules).
You have three options:
- we send them to a special email address for these certificates (you can specify it under Merchant Profile),
- upload them to your Yandex.Disk. The link to it is in the Certificates section of your Merchant Profile (this section is only available for our Russian partners).
- Print out the certificate you need in two copies, seal it, and sign it.
- Send them by post: 6 Svobody proshchad, Yandex.Money, NBCO LCC, Svoboda business center, 603006 Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- We will get the certificates and send you back your copy.
In electronic form
In hard copy
You can edit them under your Merchant Profile in the Contract section. You will need to download an application form, print it out, sign it, and send its scanned copy back to us.
Our manager will get your application and update the details: you will see the result in your Merchant Profile.