Set up an Active Directory connection
To import accounts from Active Directory, enter the domain controller name and settings of the account with access rights to Active Directory:
- Launch Connect Directory Sync and go to AD settings.
- In the Authorization section, enter the username and password for the account with read rights to Active Directory.
- In the Realm field, enter the name of the Kerberos realm that corresponds to the Active Directory domain. Usually the realm name is the same as the domain name. For example,
- Go to Parameters and in the Host field, enter the domain controller name. For example,
dc1.example.com.Attention. Do not use
localhostas the domain controller name, otherwise it won't be authorized in the domain.
- To import account data from the global directory, enable the Global directory option.
Note. We recommend keeping the default values for timeout fields.