Protect: filter out the most annoying ad formats
Yandex.Browser filters out annoying ad formats, following the recommendations of IAB Russia. IAB Russia is working out criteria for high-quality advertising and is contributing to the development of interactive advertising based on users' interests and interaction with them.
What ads get filtered out?
- Fullscreen static prestitial ad blocks that appear right after the page loads. You can only close them after the countdown has ended.
- Large pop-ups in the center of the screen that cover the page contents. You can close them right away or after the countdown has ended.
- Video ads with sound located above the page contents. The sound turns on automatically after the videoclip loads.
- Sticky ads that take up the full width of the screen at the bottom of the browser window. They can be closed immediately.
- Sticky ads that take up the full width of the screen at the top of the browser window. These can't be closed.
To learn more about the recommendations the browser used to filter ads, see the presentation of the Industrial Committee of IAB Russia for improving advertising. Recommendations have been prepared according to the study on Russian users' attitude to online advertising.
Allow annoying ads
- In the Block inappropriate ads section, turn the Block ads that get in the way when viewing pages option on or off.