Protect: blocking intrusive ads
Yandex.Browser filters out ads that prevent you from viewing the page.
How to block intrusive ads on a page
- Go to the site that has intrusive advertising.
- Click . You will see a message about hidden advertising at the top of the page, with the page shown under it.
- You can specify exactly which ad is bothering you – click it and the ad block turns black.
- Click Hide selected ads.
That way the browser will hide selected ads on the site until you elect to display them again.
How to train the browser to recognize bad advertising
Every time you hide an ad, Yandex receives the following:
- The page with the advertising that bothered you.
- Which ad blocks you indicated on this page.
The more data of this type that Yandex.Browser receives, the quicker it learns to distinguish bad ads from good ones and begins to show users ads that do not annoy them.
Changing your decision to block an ad
- Go to the site where you blocked advertising.
- Click .
- Right-click on the page.
- In the context menu, select Don't block ads on this site.