Yandex Browser checks your passwords for vulnerabilities and suggests replacing insecure passwords. Passwords are checked automatically every time a password is saved. All new passwords received during syncing are also checked. You can manually run a password check at any time.
Password check page
- If you have a master password, enter it to access password storage.
- Click Password check. The check starts.
If the check identifies insecure passwords, change them.
Why passwords are insecure
Your passwords have been found in open databases on the internet. A hacker may choose your username and log in to your account. Change these passwords as quickly as possible to protect your data.
Using the same password on multiple sites is risky. After getting the password to one site, hackers can access others. It's especially dangerous if it is a bank or payment system.
- Hover the cursor over an insecure password, then click Change on website. The site you saved the password for will open.
- Log in to this site and open the password change form.
- Change the password to a more secure one or generate one.
Disabling password check
To disable the automatic check:
- Disable the Check passwords automatically option.
You can always manually run the password check.