Antishock is an extension for Yandex.Browser that filters out banners containing unpleasant images, porn, or ads for websites that may offer fraudulent services.
What makes annoying ads dangerous?
Antishock is a Yandex.Browser technology that blocks banner ads with unpleasant images, pornography, or advertising for websites that may offer fraudulent services.
Why this type of ad might be threatening:
- Theft of passwords or money. Pop-up windows can impersonate notifications from social networks, software update notifications, or messages from antivirus programs. If you click them, you might give your passwords to attackers or lose money.
- Fee-based services. Banners can contain fraudulent messages (for example, about winning a prize, losing weight, predictions, etc.). Clicking on them can lead to money being deducted from your mobile phone account.
- Shock. Banners might contain pornographic images, animations of unpleasant events, disasters, physical trauma, illnesses, intimate body parts, etc.
- Fraud. Banners that promise large pay-outs without indicating for what may lead you to the sites of hackers or financial pyramid schemes.
- Obtrusiveness. When you open a new page and click any area or interface element, a new window may appear advertising something unrelated to the site contents. Some pop-ups open additional advertising windows when you close them.
Enabling and disabling Antishock
Disable Antishock on a given site
To disable Antishock on a given site where ads are currently blocked, follow these steps:
- Open the website where you want to allow advertising.
- Select Don't use Antishock on this site.
Allow erotic ads
Follow these steps to prevent Antishock from blocking erotic ads:
- Click .
- Select the Ad blocker group.
- In the description of the Antishock extension, click the More details link.
- Click the Settings button. This opens a page with Antishock settings.
- Select the option Don't block erotic ads.Note. Erotic banners that distribute malicious code will continue to be blocked even after you disable this option.