SmartBox search features
The SmartBox is an element designed for searching for information.
To find the answer to your question or to go to a specific website:
- Enter a search query, address, or name of a website in the SmartBox.
- Press Enter.
Searching on websites with OpenSearch
You can use SmartBox to search in websites that support OpenSearch (e.g., ru.wikipedia.org):
- Enter the site's name or address in the SmartBox. If the site supports OpenSearch, the hint Press Tab to search [site name] appears to the right.
- Press the Tab key (an icon with the site name appears in the left part of the SmartBox).
- Enter a search query.
- Press Enter.
- Right-click on SmartBox.
- Select a command from the Copy page address or Show page address context menu.
- In the lower half of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- Go to the Web content section.
- Disable the Display search queries in SmartBox on the search results pages option.
When searching a site with support for OpenSearch, SmartBox displays the query text instead of the address of the open page. To see the page address:
Default search engine
By default, the SmartBox uses the Yandex search engine to search for results for your query. You can also change the search engine in the SmartBox:
- Right click on the SmartBox.
- In the context menu, select Edit search engines.
- In the Search engines window, put the cursor on the line with the desired search engine and click Make default. Tip. If the desired search engine is not in the list, enter it manually. To do this, fill in the fields at the end of the list. Then place the cursor on the line with this search engine and click the Make default button.
- Click Done.
Copy or share the page URL
When you place the mouse cursor in the SmartBox you will see the Copy and Share buttons:
- To copy the page URL to the clipboard, click the Copy button.
- To share the link with your friends, click the Share button and choose the social network or email.
- Go to the Appearance section.
- Turn off the Display the “Copy” and “Share” buttons in the SmartBox option.