Questions about installation and updates
Where can I download the latest version of the browser?
Where can I download a full version of the installer?
How can I install the browser for all Windows accounts?
At this time, you can’t install the browser for multiple Windows users.
How can I turn off auto updates?
You can't turn off automatic updates in the browser. We recommend using the latest browser version to get maximum protection against internet threats.
How can I uninstall the browser?
We recommend that you sync your data before reinstalling or deleting the browser. This means that your browser's main settings (bookmarks, passwords, apps, modules and autofill data) will be saved on the Yandex server and you will be able to use them again in the browser when you reinstall it.
To uninstall or reinstall Yandex.Browser:
- Close all browser windows.
- Open the Control panel.
- Go to .
- In the Uninstall or change a program window, select the Yandex program.
- Click the Uninstall button at the top of the list.
- Choose an action in the window that opens:
- Reinstall the browser. Note that all browser settings and data will be deleted.
- Uninstall the browser. If you want to delete all browser settings and data, select the Also delete browser data option.
- Close all Yandex.Browser windows.
- Select or press Shift + ⌘ + A.
- Drag the Yandex icon to the Recycle Bin.
- Switch over to the Trash Can and click the Clear button.
How can I disable the browser update in the background?
Yandex.Browser is automatically updated whether or not you use it. This is for security reasons: new threats and vulnerabilities constantly arise in the internet and the browser gets new and improved security.
We do not recommend disabling automatic update in the background, but if you need to:
- In the lower half of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the System section, disable the Update browser even when it's not open option.
Now automatic update in the background is disabled. However, as soon as you open the browser, it immediately checks for updates and will do so regularly in the future when running.
You can't completely disable automatic updates in the browser. We recommend using the latest browser version to get maximum protection against internet threats.