Zen is the Yandex personal recommendation service. It selects news articles, blog posts, and other publications that you may find interesting. The selection is based on your browsing history and stated preferences.
How Yandex.Zen looks
Recommended articles show up on your screen as a vertical feed. The headline of the first recommendation appears at the bottom of your screen when you open a new tab. Swipe up on the headline to view the rest of the feed.
If you want to read a recommended post, tap it in the feed, and it will open in a new tab.
To go back to your recommendations feed, press Back on your smartphone.
Sign in to Yandex
Sign in to your Yandex account so that Zen can select publications that will interest you. Zen will then start collecting information about the websites you visit and posts you want to see in the feed. If you don't log in, Zen will recommend content without taking into account your interests and the feed will not be very useful.
If you read Zen on different devices or in different applications, log in to the Yandex account wherever you use Zen. This will allow Zen to follow your viewing history, subscriptions, and preferences from all devices. It will significantly improve the feed quality.
To log in:
Customize your recommendations feed
Zen analyzes what you read on the internet and adjusts the content of the recommendations feed to your interests. This takes time. If you want to adjust the feed to your interests faster:
Rate feed posts
- If you like a post, tap the icon at the bottom of the recommendation and Zen will recommend more posts like this one.
- If do not you like a post, tap the icon at the bottom of the recommendation and Zen will recommend fewer posts like this one.
Block channels and sources
Zen recommends posts created in two ways:
- The author creates a Zen channel and posts content on it.
- The author posts in a source: on their website or in an RSS feed.
If you want to block a channel or source that you do not want to see posts from on the Zen feed:
- Find this recommendation in the feed.
- Tap the icon in the bottom right corner of the recommendation.
- Tap the Block source button.
Subscribe to channels
- Open any post in the channel you are interested in.
- Tap the icon in the upper right corner of the page or scroll down the post and then up. Tap the Subscribe button that appears.
Posts from this channel will appear in the recommendations feed more often. However, not all the channel's posts will appear in your feed, because Zen's algorithms will continue to filter them according to your interests.
To unfollow a channel:
- Open any post from the channel.
- Tap the icon in the top right corner of the page.
Zen will recommend this channel less often.
Edit the list of sources
- Add a source to your blocked list
- Tapin the top-left corner of the page.
- Tap the icon in the search bar.
- In the list that appears, tap the icon to the right of the sources you want to block. Zen will stop recommending them.
If you want to remove a source from the block list, tap the icon to the right of it. Zen will resume recommending posts from this source.
- Add a source to your liked list
- Tapin the top left corner of the page.
- Tap the icon in the search bar.
- In the list that appears, tap the icon to the right of the sources you want to see in the Zen feed. Zen will recommend them more often.
If you want to remove a source from the list of your interesting sources, tap the icon to the right of it. Zen will recommend them less often.
Country and language settings for posts
Lists of channels in the feed and the language of posts differ in different countries. By default, Zen determines the country and language from the device settings. You can change them manually:
- Tapin the upper left corner of the page.
- In the Country field select the country you would like to receive posts from.
- Select the languages for posts in your feed. The set of available languages depends on the country you select.
Disable the recommendations feed
- On the right side of the SmartBox, tap .
- Tap the icon.
- Disable the Show recommendations feed option.