You can sync passwords that you've saved in Yandex Browser on your computers, smartphones, and tablets. During the syncing process, an encrypted copy of your password repository gets sent to the Yandex server and then passed on to your other synced devices. Passwords from your other devices are also added to the password vault on your current smartphone.
Advantages of password syncing
- Your saved passwords will be used for autofill in login forms on all your devices.
- If your smartphone breaks, you can restore your passwords from the server.
Disable or enable syncing
Password syncing conflict
If you created different master passwords on your smartphones, tablets or computers, there may be a conflict during syncing. For example, you've entered one master password on your computer and a different one on your smartphone and then synced your smartphone with the computer. Yandex Browser doesn't know which master password to use to encrypt the merged vault.
To resolve the conflict:
- Under Passwords and cards, tap Conflict syncing passwords.
- Enter the master password created on this smartphone.
- You'll see a list of devices that have password vaults protected by other master passwords.
- If you don't remember the master password for a device, passwords that are stored on it can't be added to the synced password vault. Delete passwords from these devices by tapping the icon to the right of the device name.
- If you can remember the master passwords for all the remaining devices in the list, tap Merge with passwords on this device.
- Enter the password from each conflicting device one at a time.
- Tap OK in the window that opens after merging.
Passwords from all devices remaining on the list will be merged. The master password created on your current smartphone will be used to encrypt the vault.