Mobile Yandex.Browser blocks inappropriate and intrusive ads by default.
Which ads are blocked?
- Animated flash banners.
- Windows and tabs with ads that appear when tapping a video, an empty space on the page, or when trying to close ads.
- Pop-up windows that cannot be closed until a video ad is played.
- Ads that cover a significant part of the content.
- Ad banners that turn on sound without the user's permission.
- Ad banners that move when the page is scrolled and close the main content of the website.
What's dangerous about this kind of advertising
- Theft of passwords or money. Pop-up windows can impersonate notifications from social networks, software update notifications, or messages from antivirus programs. If you tap them, you might give your passwords to attackers or lose money.
- Fee-based services. Banners can contain fraudulent messages (for example, about winning a prize, losing weight, predictions, etc.). Taping on them can lead to money being deducted from your mobile phone account.
- Shock. Banners might contain pornographic images, animations of unpleasant events, disasters, physical trauma, illnesses, intimate body parts, etc.
- Fraud. Banners that promise large pay-outs without a clear explanation may lead you to the sites of hackers or financial pyramid schemes.
- Obtrusiveness. When you open a new page and tap any area or interface element, a new window may appear advertising something unrelated to the site contents. Some pop-ups open additional advertising windows when you close them.
Report an ad
If you see shocking or inappropriate ad on the page, you can report it:
- Tap .
- Tap Report ads.
The report about the ad will be sent to Yandex. If there are many similar complaints, the ad source may be blocked for all users.
Enable ads on a website
If you want to disable ads on a site:
- Tap .
- Tap Unblock ads.
To block ads on a site again, tap Block ads.
Deactivate ad blocking
If you want to see potentially offensive or intrusive ads:
- Tap .
- Tap Ad blocking in Content blocking.
- Disable the Offensive ads and Intrusive ads options.