Protect: sync passwords
You can sync passwords that you've saved in Yandex Browser on your computers, smartphones and tablets. During the syncing process, an encrypted copy of your password repository gets sent to the Yandex server and then passed on to your other synced devices. Passwords from your other devices get added simultaneously to the repository on your current tablet.
Advantages of password syncing
- Your saved passwords will automatically be entered into entry forms on all your devices.
- if the tablet fails, you can restore passwords from the server.
Disabling and enabling syncing
Password syncing conflict
If you created different master passwords on your smartphones, tablets or computers, there may be a conflict during syncing. For example, you entered one master password on your computer, another one on a tablet, and then synced the tablet with the computer. In these cases, the browser does not know which master password must be used to encrypt merged storage.
To resolve the conflict:
- Tap .
- Go to Passwords.
- Tap Password syncing conflict.
- Enter the master password created on this tablet.
- A list of devices on which storage is protected by other master passwords appears. Future actions depend on whether you remember the master passwords you created on other devices.Attention. Tap to the right of the device name to delete the passwords from it.
- Passwords from devices for which you've forgotten the master password cannot be added to merged storage. The following options are available for these devices:
- If you created a spare encryption key on a device, clear the master password from it and replace it with the master password for the current tablet. Wait for a while until the device data has been synced.
- If you did not create a spare encryption key on the device, you will have to delete the password from it. To do this, tap the icon to the right of the device name.
- You can also disallow a syncing conflict. In this case, the passwords will not be synced between your devices (the history, bookmarks and other data will be synced as before).
- Tap Combine with the passwords on this device.
- Enter the password from each conflicting device one at a time.
Passwords from all devices remaining on the list will be merged. The master password created on the current tablet will be used to encrypt the storage.