During installation, Yandex Browser asks for permission to use your location data. You can allow or disallow using this data.
By default, your region is determined by the location of your tablet.
How is the location data used?
- Sites can show you the most relevant information (for example, the local weather, traffic info, or a map).
- The SmartBox shows more accurate search suggestions (for example, about the weather).
- Settings show a list of search engines used in your region.
- The Tableau displays a default collection of sites for your region.
Set the search region manually
The browser determines a set of relevant search engines based on your specified country.
- Set a country
- Go to the Search section.
- Tap Region.
- Select the region.