Mobile Yandex.Browser users visit Yandex very frequently. They read the news, check traffic, and look at the weather forecast. Widgets let you access this information quickly.
What is a widget?
Widgets are cards that are joined together in a horizontal feed. They appear under the SmartBox when you open a new tab.
The cards in your feed are collapsed by default and a short summary displays on them. If you swipe your feed to the left or tap any widget, all the cards will expand and display more detailed information.
- Weather (forecasts for the current day in your city)
- News (the five main news stories and news from your city)
- Traffic (road congestion and a traffic jam map)
- Market quotes (dollar and euro exchange rates, oil prices)
By default, widgets are enabled in the browser.
Collapse or expand a widget
To collapse a widget, tap .
If a widget does not expand automatically, tap .
- Tap (if you don't see this button, then press the menu button on your smartphone).
- Select Settings.
- Go to the Yandex widgets section.
- Disable the Display Yandex widgets on the browser main screen option.