Yandex Browser for Mobile users visit Yandex very frequently. They read the news, keep an eye on traffic jams, and check the weather forecast. Widgets let you access this information quickly.
What is a widget?
Widgets are cards that are joined together in a horizontal feed. They appear under the SmartBox when you open a new tab.
The cards in your feed are collapsed by default and a short summary displays on them. If you swipe your feed to the left or tap any widget, all the cards will expand and display more detailed information.
- Weather (forecasts for the current day in your city)
- News (the five main news stories and news from your city)
- Traffic (road congestion and a traffic jam map)
- Market quotes (dollar and euro exchange rates, oil prices).
By default, widgets are enabled in the browser.
Collapse or expand a widget
To collapse a widget, tap .
If a widget does not expand automatically, tap .
- Tap (if you don't see this button, then press the menu button on your smartphone).
- Select Settings.
- Go to the Yandex widgets section.
- Disable the Display Yandex widgets on the browser main screen option.