During installation, Yandex Browser asks for permission to use your location information. You have the option to allow or deny permission as you see fit. By default, the region is determined by the location of your smartphone.
Information about your location is used for the following purposes:
- Websites can show you the most relevant information (for example, the local weather or traffic info on a map).
- Accurate search suggestions are displayed in the SmartBox (about the weather, for example).
- Settings show a list of search engines used in your area.
- The Tableau displays a collection of websites set by default for your area.
Set the search region manually
- Tap (if you don't see this button, then press the menu button on your smartphone).
- Select Settings.
- Go to the Search section.
- Select Region.
- Select the region.