What is Yandex.Zen?
Zen is the Yandex personal recommendation service. It selects news articles, blog posts, and other publications that you may find interesting. The selection is based on your browsing history and stated preferences. Recommendations start appearing in your browser once there's enough material to analyze and base selections on.
Recommended articles show up on your screen as a vertical feed. The headline of the first recommendation appears at the bottom of your screen when you open a new tab. Drag the headline up to see the entire feed.
Tap on an article in your feed to read it — the full text will open in a new tab
Customize your recommendations feed
- In the bottom left corner of the recommendation card, tap .
In the menu that opens, let Zen know your preference regarding this recommendation:
- If you like it, tap More like this, and Zen will recommend more articles similar to this one.
- If you don't like it, tap Less like this, and Zen will recommend fewer articles similar to this one.
- If you don't want to see articles from the given site, tap Block website <site address>.
Turn off the recommendations feed
- Tap (if you don't see the icon, press the menu button on your smartphone).
- Choose Settings.
- Go to Advanced.
- Turn off the Zen - personal recommendations option.