Listening to audio in Yandex Browser
What audio formats does Yandex Browser support?
the Yandex Browser beta version can open audio files with the following extensions: MP3, WAV, M4A, WMA, OGG, X-M4A, MPEG.
Audio on the side panel
In Yandex Browser, you can view a website and listen to music playing in another tab at the same time. To avoid switching between tabs, click on the side panel. In the control panel that appears, you can pause or resume a track, as well as switch to the previous or next track in the playlist.
If music is playing in multiple tabs, the panel displays all the tracks, and you can switch between them.
- To mute the music, click .
- To turn the music back on, click .
If you have multiple tracks playing and don't have time to pause them one by one, click Mute all tabs.
- Play any online video or music on the internet using Yandex Browser.
- Right-click the icon in the taskbar in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that opens, click Open volume mixer and increase the volume.
- Openand turn off all the extensions.
- If this solves your problem, go through your extensions and turn them back on until you find the one that caused the problem.
- Disable the problematic extension. You may want to let the developers know about the problem.
- At the bottom of the page, click Advanced site settings.
- In the Access to your microphone section, select the device manually.
- Open the Windows Control panel .
- Click Sound.
- In the Recording tab, find the microphone you need.
- Right-click on it and select Set default.
- Right-click on the microphone again and select Properties.
- In the window that opens, click Levels. Both parameters should not be set to minimum or maximum at the same time.
- Go to the Advanced tab and make sure the Enable additional audio features option is deselected.
- Disable special sound effects. Open the Enhancements tab. Select Disable all enhancements and click .
Make sure the sound isn't muted in your Yandex Browser tab. Open the side panel and click . If sound is muted, then you will see a on the tab. To turn sound on, click this icon.
Try to find an extension that might be blocking the audio:
For more information about setting up the microphone, see Windows help.