View tab history
To view a list of pages that were open on this tab:
- Open a tab.
- Click and hold .
The icon only appears on tabs where you viewed several pages. If the icon is unavailable, go to your entire browsing history.
Viewing full history
Removing pages from history
- Click .
- Select the desired pages.
- Click Delete the following above the page list.
Your history is partially synced:
- The history of pages that you visited on your computer is synced. If you reinstall your browser and then enable syncing, your history will display at browser://history/.
- The history of pages that you visited on other devices will not display in the browser interface. However, if you sync and then start entering the address for a site that you visited on another device, that address will appear in your search suggestions. Sites pinned to Tableau are an exception to this rule.
To disable history syncing:
- Click .
- In the Syncing section, click Show settings.
- Uncheck the History option.
Clear entire history
- Click Clear history in the top right corner of the tab. , and then
- In the Clear browsing data window, set the time period that you want to delete the history for.
- Check the Browsing history option.
- If necessary, deselect all other options.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Restore your history after deleting it
To restore a browsing history that you recently deleted, check the date when changes were made to the History.bak file in the C:\Users\Your account name\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default directory.
If changes were made on a date other than the current day:
- Move the History file to another directory (such as your Desktop).
- Return the History file to the C:\Users\Your account name\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default directory.
- Rename the History.bak file to History.
- Restart the browser.
If you do all this correctly, your history will restore. If your history doesn't restore, return the History file to the directory. Use the feedback form to contact tech support about this issue.