What is the cache?
The browser cache is a folder with copies of data from pages that you have opened. Usually, the cache stores page elements that are unlikely to have changed in the time between your two requests, such as music, videos, images, styles, and scripts. The next time you view these pages, the Yandex Browser beta version will not request this data from the internet, as it can retrieve it from the cache instead. Using the cache reduces the network load and speeds up page loading.
- Example of using the cache
When you start watching an online video, the browser shows you how much of the video you have viewed and downloaded. After the download is complete, you can disconnect from the internet and finish watching the video or movie offline. The downloaded video is saved in the cache on your computer and then read from your local hard drive.
- Privacy and the cache
Caching of data implies the following risks for your privacy:
- If multiple users have access to your computer, any one of them can see the images you viewed in the cache folder. We recommend using Incognito mode on shared computers.
- If malware is present on the computer, it can get access to the browser cache.
Clearing the cache
To clear the cache:
- Click .
- Under Delete the following, select the time range you want to delete the cached data for.
- Select the Cached files option.
- Disable all the other options (if you only want to clear the browser cache).
- Tap Clear.
If you need to view or copy the Yandex Browser beta version cache(for example, to send to technical support), you can find it in the Username\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Cache folder.
Your cache is only saved on one device. It is not imported during syncing.